Position: Human Resources Generalist
Status: Full time, Hourly
Reports to: HR Director
Position Summary: Providing support to the Human Resources Department and HR Director, maintains employment- related reports and documents in accordance with labor law provisions efficiently, timely and effectively. Reconciles billing for all employee benefits and Unemployment Insurance. Communicates policies, procedures, and protocols to staff and management, as well as administer employee benefits.
Position Expected Hours of Work: This is a Full-Time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm however there may be some variability in the weekly schedule due to consumer need driven by compliance as well as by agency need. Occasional evenings and weekends. Staff is expected to be able to work in the office, remotely, or a hybrid of both, during regular business hours.
Essential Functions of the Position:
Employee Relations & Benefits
- Assist the Human Resource Director with the distribution and administration of employee benefits, 403b plan, compensation, leaves, training, performance management, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
- Administer FMLA applications, letters, maintain documentation and tracking. Assist supervisors and staff with FMLA related needs.
- Assist supervisors and staff with workman’s compensation related investigations, documentation and communication with workman’s compensation insurance provider.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Assist staff with applications for short and long term disability.
- Maintains compliance with local, state, and federal employment laws such as ADEA, ADA, FMLA, HIPAA, USERRA, best practices etc. Utilize professional sources to provide additional guidance as needed.
- Follow through with employee separation paperwork, including end of employment notification, Cobra notification and ending benefits, in conjunction with the accounting department.
- Create internal monthly newsletter and help communicate any outreach to employees.
- Maintain the HRIS database for all employees and responsible for the continuous education of the platform.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and certifications.
- Responsible for billing reconciliation of health, vision, dental, employer-sponsored and voluntary life insurance, and ancillary benefits.
- Work in conjunction with the accounting department to ensure accuracy of benefit bill reconciliation. Add and adjust group term life insurance tax for new employees and for pay rate changes on existing employees.
- Assist the HR Specialist/Recruiter to fulfil the recruiting process for internal positions. Ensure positions are posted according to procedure, reviews resumes and applications and share with the management staff, coordinate advertising with the media.
- Act as a back-up for all functions in HR.
- Bachelors in Human Resources preferred or previous academic and/or general human resource experience. Knowledge of human resource policies, procedures and employment laws.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally to management, employees, applicants, and all customers.
- Knowledge of word-processing and excel spreadsheet applications; fax machine; telephone and other standard office equipment required.
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills a must.
- Ability to confidentially and effectively listen to concerns of employees and applicants, and handle confidential information responsibly.
- Experience working with people with disabilities preferred.