Interchange Food Pantry
Office & Social Media Coordinator
Part-time – $15 per hour (12 hours per week)
Description: The Office and Social Media Coordinator works closely under the direction of the Pantry Executive Director to keep the operations organized, running efficiently and flowing smoothly. The Administrator at times will be the face of the food pantry to guests, volunteers and the community and must authentically convey a sense of credibility, caring, and compassion. This role will co-handle the day-to-day communications for the director in the organization.
- Administer social media accounts including, but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, GoFundMe, and the Pantry website.
- Write, manage and distribute Pantry communications including volunteer emails, newsletters, and donor communications.
- Interact positively with pantry employees, guests, volunteers, and community members, including management of Pantry phone, email, voicemail and other primary communication channels.
- Data management, data entry and spreadsheet development for tracking pantry operations and guest visits.
- Duties will include grant management and reporting.
- Assist with volunteer coordination as needed.
- The person in this role should have an understanding of non-profit accounting principles and practices and will serve as backup support to the Bookkeeper as needed.
- Perform additional duties under the direction of the Executive Director as needed.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Superior organization skills, including flexibility to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Digitally savvy skills with the ability to perform data entry and management in multiple tools and operating systems (Apple Mac, Windows). Proficiency in MS Office, Google apps and other common business utilities)
- A bachelor’s or associate’s degree in Communications or Business Administration is desired but not required.
- Experience working in a non-profit organization is a plus.
- Experience in the grocery or food service industry is helpful, but not required.
- Applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as all pantry staff are required to be fully vaccinated.
The Interchange Food Pantry is an equal opportunity employer.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply:
If interested, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, January 28, 2022.