Kitchen Manager at Just Bakery, Full-time
Resumes accepted until position is filled
Just Bakery is hiring a full-time Kitchen Manager. The Kitchen Manager works as part of a team to ensure that the day-to-day operations and production of the bakery as smooth and seamless. The Kitchen Manager oversees operations and staffing for the Just Bakery kitchen.
RESPONSIBILITIES (PARTIAL LIST):
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the Just Bakery kitchen;
- With Classroom Coordinator establish, document and enforce program policies and procedures, inventory management and ordering, including receiving and warehousing ingredients and supplies, food production, sanitation, distribution and administration;
- Supervision of Just Bakery production staff;
- Work collaboratively with the Baking Instructor to insure supplies are ordered and available for use for students;
- Assist in training personnel on proper production procedures;
- Strictly enforce quality control standards;
- Enforce program and kitchen rules and procedures;
- Assist in teaching as needed;
- Create weekly shift schedules for production and sales;
- As needed assist with baking of products for sale in the community;
- As needed assist with sales or product delivery.
- ServSafe Certification;
- Experience preparing baked goods such as pastries, breaks, cakes and cookies;
- Experience baking large quantities for sale in the community;
- Experience supervising individuals;
- Detail oriented;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including customer service skills’
- 3 years of experience in food services field;
- Ability to supervise members of the production staff in a trauma informed environment;
- Ability to work as part of a team and with individuals from diverse educational and cultural backgrounds.
Benefit package includes medical, vision and dental insurance, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, paid holidays, paid sick time and paid vacation time.
Salary Range: $41,600 to $46,000 per year
Hours: 40 Hours per week
Location: Just Bakery, 1708 Thierer Road, Madison, WI 53704
Type of Employment: Full-time
To learn more about Just Bakery, visit our website: justdane.org/just-bakery
JustDane is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Send a resume and cover letter to Jaclyn Eitrem at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Jaclyn Eitrem, 2115 S. Park St., Madison, WI 53713.