Volunteer and Community Engagement Coordinator, Full-time
Application Deadline: August 19th, 2022
The Volunteer and Community Engagement Coordinator works to implement JustDane’s organizational values through the recruitment of volunteers at every organizational level. Volunteers represent the diversity of our community, including justice-involved individuals, individuals impacted by systemic racism, economic oppression, housing insecurity, and individuals who have engaged with JustDane Initiatives as part of their own path. The Volunteer and Community Engagement Coordinator also brings JustDane and the community together through public events, forums, and activities that focus on systemic injustice.
The Volunteer and Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible for the recruitment, screening and training of volunteers in JustDane’s initiatives. The Coordinator is also responsible for community engagement activities. This includes our signature Reentry Simulations, assisting with scheduling and coordinating JustDane community presentations and forums, representing JustDane at community events, managing our current community engagement avenues (JustConversations series, website, social media, and quarterly JustDialogue newsletter), and in assisting the Development Director with events when requested.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple time sensitive
- Ability to teach program concepts and required volunteer skills to groups of diverse volunteer applicants.
- Excellent public speaking
- Experience working with people from racially, ethnically, culturally and socio-economically diverse urban areas.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve mutual goals for program volunteer needs.
- Ability to work collaboratively with community partner organizations in the planning and implementation of community events, including simulations and community forums.
- Represent JustDane in a professional manner within the
- Strong computer skills, including Publisher, excel, Word, Power Point, Canva etc… and willingness to learn DonorPerfect.
- Ability to manage social media channels and website
- At least three years of volunteer management
Benefit package includes medical, vision and dental insurance, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, paid holidays, paid sick time and paid vacation time.
Salary Range: $45,000 to $48,000 per year
Hours: 40 Hours per week, Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends for events
Location: JustDane, 2115 S. Park St., Madison, WI 53713
Type of Employment: Full-time
JustDane is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Send a resume and cover letter to Jean Alt at email@example.com or mail to: 2115 S. Park St., Madison, WI 53713.