Kids Matter Inc. is seeking a full-time Care Coordinator. This position requires the ability to successfully engage and connect with children and families who have experienced trauma and loss. This position is part of a multidisciplinary team providing trauma-informed, community-based and culturally intelligent care to families who have been impacted by trauma and violence.
- Engage and maintain relationships with children and caregivers, primarily in kinship families
- Conduct trauma-informed assessments and intakes
- Home visits to a diverse population of children and families experiencing crisis
- Connect families with resources, help them navigate systems, and guide action steps
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with collaborative agencies
- Work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Maintain appropriate documentation and records
- Bachelor’s degree and experience in Social Work or a related field preferred
- Experience working with children and families who have experienced trauma required
- Experience working with diverse populations required
- Familiarity with victim services preferred
This a full-time position (40 hours per week). Occasional evening and weekend hours may be necessary.
Compensation: Based on experience, includes paid holidays/vacation, worker’s compensation, and medical/dental insurance coverage, and mileage reimbursement.
Kids Matter Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Kids Matter Inc. was founded by foster and kinship families, social workers and others who saw gaps in services for abused and neglected children and the families who take them in to help them heal. Kids Matter exists to open doors of promise and opportunity for foster and kinship children and their caregivers, and all children impacted by crime. We help children heal and thrive.
How to apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Care Coordinator.” No phone calls please.