Kids Matter Inc. is seeking a full-time Support Group Facilitator. Our existing group aims to offer support, resources, and community to relative caregivers. We are seeking an empathetic and energetic individual to continue to grow this support group to be better able to meet the needs of the population and help Kids Matter grow this aspect of services. Kids Matter is also working to grow a youth support group for children in foster placements and living with relative caregivers. An ideal candidate would be someone who is motivated to help establish this group for youth while growing the existing caregiver support group. This position requires the ability to successfully engage and connect with children and kinship families who have experienced trauma and loss. Local travel is necessary to support group locations, community meetings, and occasional youth or family follow-up.
- Coordinate itinerary for the Caregiver Support Group for full calendar year
- Lead caregiver support groups, initially monthly
- Develop and launch Youth Support Group for children/teens who have experienced trauma utilizing a trauma-informed and strengths-based national curriculum
- Engage and maintain relationships with children and families
- Collaborate with leadership to expand existing Caregiver Support Group to include potential peer leadership component
- Connect families with resources within kinship, child welfare, school and other systems
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with collaborative agencies
- Work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Maintain appropriate documentation and record keeping
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or a related field required
- Experience working with children and families who have experienced trauma required
- Facilitation and/or group work experience is highly preferred
- Spanish speakers are strongly encouraged to apply
This a full-time position (40 hours per week). Occasional evening and weekend hours may be necessary.
Compensation: Based on experience, includes paid holidays/vacation, worker’s compensation, and medical/dental insurance coverage, and mileage reimbursement.
Kids Matter Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Kids Matter Inc. was founded by foster and kinship families, social workers and others who saw gaps in services for abused and neglected children and the families who take them in to help them heal. Kids Matter exists to open doors of promise and opportunity for foster and kinship children and their caregivers, and all children impacted by crime. We help children heal and thrive.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Support Group Facilitator.” No phone calls please.