Kinship Community Food Center, formerly known as Riverwest Food Pantry, is seeking an individual to serve our community by providing excellent day to day leadership of our full food programming efforts in this newly created position. The Food Center Operations Associate will also play the lead role in acquiring the healthiest inventory and uncovering new sources of inventory and partnership opportunities.
Kinship Community Food Center engages volunteers and neighborhood residents to end hunger, isolation, and poverty. The mission pillars of our work are 1) nourishing food security and wellness, 2) fostering kinship and community engagement and 3) creating stability & economic opportunity. Our fresh food market, urban farm, and collaborative meals expand food access while teaching healthful habits and skills in a community of belonging where crisis assistance and mentoring is made available. We believe no one is so deprived that they have nothing to give, and no one is so well-off that they no longer have needs.
- Lead the operational processes and flow during food sorting, distribution, and any special events
- Maintain food center space in order to create an inviting, safe, and efficient setting patrons to access services at Kinship
- Build new partnerships with food and product providers and act as a lead for communications and coordination with existing providers (I.e., Hunger Task Force, Feeding America, Maglio Produce, Just One More Ministry)
- Lead weekly operations meeting and related debrief meetings, and own all prework and potential follow-up items
- Oversee and schedule all food pickups and deliveries
- Coordinate monthly and year-end inventory counts
- Coordinate and lead all food related events and activities at the Food Center, including a handful of holiday giveaway events
- Receptiveness to overall servant leader model and mission of Kinship Community Food Center
- Tuesday – Saturday work week, including occasional evenings
- Experience and sensitivity to working with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent life skills or experiences
- Highly motivated, self-directed with a positive attitude
- Demonstrated organizational, collaborative, interpersonal, and written & verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to set priorities and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Microsoft Office experience (preferred), willing to train
- Willingness to learn and try new things
- Openness to work within a Christian/Catholic faith-based environment based on social justice principles
- Valid Driver’s license, proof of insurance, and transportation to support work activities
And We Offer You
A competitive salary of $36,000 – $44,000 (commensurate with experience), benefits package, and an enthusiastic team of dedicated staff and volunteers.
Work Location: Open office workspace with active team atmosphere. Commercial kitchen and marketplace with volunteer helpers.
Physical Requirements: Standing and sitting for prolonged periods. Typing on a computer keyboard. Lifting objects of 70 pounds or less.
Equipment Used: Hand cart, cargo van, computer, printer/copier.
Here is what some Team Members have to say about the Kinship Community Food Center workplace culture:
“I always feel supported, like I have a purpose, and that my coworkers truly care about me.”
“The sense of family and willingness to accept each other as they make themselves vulnerable leads to a culture that fosters the risk required for growth and achieving our personal as well as organizational potential.”
“The community of shoppers, volunteers, staff, donors, etc., and the culture of generosity here has made this a great place to work. I love that we are so mission driven. As a whole, the community here really cares about the dignity of one another, and we strive to uplift that through our program offerings (offering fresh, farm produce, assisting others in mentoring relationships, offering trainings on poverty and hunger, and so much more).”
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.