Lead2Change, Inc. is currently seeking a full-time Manager of Program Services.
Do you love working with and advocating for the youth? Do you believe in our youth’s potential and want to play a vital role in preparing them to be leaders in the workforce? If this describes you, then Lead2Change is the place for you!
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Manager of Program Services will play a key role in helping Lead2Change achieve its vision to provide high-quality college & career readiness programs. The Program Services Manager will be responsible for various projects, including managing the Lead2Change program team, recruitment of students, assistance with special events, and oversight of our Very Important Parent (VIP) Program. This position requires a well-organized and task-oriented individual who is very knowledgeable about the core framework for customer service and client satisfaction. In addition, the Manager of Program Services must demonstrate a passion for Lead2Change’s mission and the development of young people is matched with decisiveness, outstanding communication skills, a strong understanding of the Lead2Change culture, and a keen ability to complete tasks promptly.
- Ensures that contractual and program goals are met for all programs.
- Monitors grant requirements to ensure all enrollment and contracted goals are met. (i.e., MPS Partnership for the Arts and Humanities).
- Coordinates and develops services for youth with Lead2Change and partnership-based programs. (Annual Program Calendar).
- Provides support for all programs and supervises the environment for all scheduled services.
- Manages summer program staff.
- Uses Positive Youth Development, a strengths-based approach, motivational interviewing, and other leading-edge strategies to engage and work with youth and young adults.
- Provide oversight for recruitment and management of sites for students’ internship experiences, including internship sites and cohort experiences.
- Delivers enthusiastic, educational Lead2Change presentations to individuals, groups, and classrooms in high schools and community locations.
- Develops a plan for connecting with other potential students based on referral information obtained from current students and program alumni.
- Attends community events as a representative of Lead2Change and becomes an advocate of our mission.
- Attends relative trainings, conferences, and department/program staff meetings.
- Performs other work duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Criminal Justice, Community Development, or equivalent plus 5 years demonstrated experience -OR Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Public Administration, Community Development or equivalent plus 3 years demonstrated experience.
- Demonstrated experience must be in one or more of the following areas: youth development, college, and career readiness, education, or related field.
- Demonstrates intermediate to advanced experience in program, contract, and budget management.
- Supervisory experience is required.
- A passion for empowering youth to reach their full potential in the field of youth development.
- Dynamic leadership abilities and experience in maintaining organizational systems for tracking program information are highly desired.
Skills, Abilities, and Characteristics, You Should Bring:
- Ability to rapidly learn and apply new skills/information.
- Energy, inspiration, and creativity in the face of challenges.
- Self-direction and advanced problem-solving skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Commitment to constantly improving your skills and expertise in any arena you enter; equal commitment to helping Lead2Change improve the quality of our programs and services.
- Great interpersonal skills, including empathy and encouragement.
- Proficient in office technology, including databases, scanning, faxing, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Interested applicants should email their cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources Consultant