The Manager of Workforce Development Programs is responsible for overseeing the daily operations and ensuring the overall success of the MSSC manufacturing-based high school equivalency program as well as LSW’s other contextualized workforce offerings. This is a two-year grant-funded position in partnership with WRTP|BIG STEP. The Manager supervises the Workforce HSED Coordinator/Instructor and guides all program activities including, but not limited to, recruitment, enrollment, assessment, scheduling, instruction, recordkeeping, and ongoing case-management. The Manager is expected to assist with instruction as needed throughout the semester. The Manager serves as an intermediary between LSW, WRTP|BIG STEP, local companies, and other community partner agencies to conduct outreach and manage referrals according to the guidelines of those relationships. The Manager is also responsible for contributing to the organization-wide collection, management, and analysis of data to be used for reporting and program evaluation. This position reports directly to the Associate Director and is primarily located at WRTP|BIG STEP, although travel is required between multiple educational sites and company partners.
- Foster strong, professional working relationships with LSW and WRTP|BIG STEP program staff, community partners, adult students, and other stakeholders through collaborative partnerships and clear, consistent communication.
- Guide and direct workforce development education programming, ensuring alignment with LSW’s other HSED and program offerings.
- Manage all activities related to student enrollment, TABE, Accuplacer and other assessments, goal-setting, personal education planning, instruction, data management, and reporting.
- Provide direct instruction as needed (about 25% of role).
- Coordinate guest speakers and presentations, hands-on projects, mentoring and supportive services involving community partners.
- Evaluate curricula and teaching materials for effectiveness and appropriateness; adapt or create supplementary resources as needed.
- Design and implement effective learning program enhancements and management systems.
- Promote services to other community-based organizations, social service agencies, and businesses, serving as a point of contact.
- Ensure data is current, accurate, and accessible to LSW and approved program partners
- Participate in Program Management Team and all-staff meetings, an annual in-service, and other organization-wide events as required. Plan site/program meetings as needed.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and welcoming environment for all participants that complies with COVID-19 policies and security procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with a background in education, social work, or related field.
- Familiarity with the manufacturing trade or willingness to learn.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in teaching or administration of educational services.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong customer service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Applications, and database usage.
- Highly-organized and detail orientated.
- Ability to assume responsibility with little direct supervision, to exercise initiative and judgment, and to make decisions within the scope of assigned responsibilities.
- Ability to work under pressure in a high-paced environment managing multiple tasks.
- Ability to work in a cooperative and professional manner with supervisors, co-workers, community partners, and learners.
- Willingness to work flexible hours when necessary, including some evenings and weekends.
- Commitment to the mission and students of LSW.
Schedule and Compensation: This is a full-time, 40 hour/week position with a weekly schedule of Monday through Friday. Daily hours for daytime classes is yet to be determined and may vary week-to-week. Annual salary range is $50,000-$55,000/year based on qualifications and experience. Benefits include generous paid time off (PTO), subsidized health insurance coverage, retirement plan, convenient free parking, and paid professional development opportunities.
A complete application includes 1) a letter of interest, 2) a resume, and 3) a list of three professional references. Applications should be sent via email to Aaron Goyette and will be accepted until the position is filled. Contact Aaron at email@example.com if you have questions.