Transferrable Skills: lesson planning, teaching/tutoring/training, data tracking, interpersonal communication, presentation delivery, project management, group/event organizing, customer service
Transferrable Experience: classroom teacher, trainer, workshop facilitator, nonprofit/higher education administrator, college admissions/prep, social service worker, case manager
The Workforce Development HSED Coordinator and Instructor
is responsible for the daily operations and overall success of the high school equivalency component of the MSSC manufacturing-based HSED program. This is a two-year grant-funded position in partnership with WRTP|BIG STEP. As an HSED coordinator, the role oversees a wide range of student activities including, but not limited to, recruitment, enrollment, assessment, scheduling, recordkeeping, and ongoing case management. As an instructor, the position requires innovative and creative approaches to content delivery as well as elements of program design; learner-centered educational services; curriculum development and lesson planning specific to the areas of language arts, math, and social studies; and reporting on outcomes achieved. This position reports directly to the Manager of Workforce Development Programs and is primarily located at WRTP|BIG STEP, although travel is required between multiple educational sites and company partners.
- Foster strong, professional working relationships with LSW and WRTP|BIG STEP program staff, community partners, adult students, and other stakeholders through collaborative partnerships and clear, consistent communication
- Coordinate all activities related to student enrollment, TABE, Accuplacer and other assessments, goal-setting, personal education planning, instruction, data management, and reporting
- Develop and deliver curricula related to the manufacturing trades in Math, Social Studies, and Language Arts
- Evaluate teaching materials for effectiveness and appropriateness; adapt available materials to meet learner needs or design supplementary materials to implement as needed
- Monitor on-going progress of learners through pre- and post- assessments, both formally and informally throughout the semester
- Maintain attendance records and other data, and generate accurate reports as required using LSW’s online database
- Promote services to other community-based organizations, social service agencies, and businesses
- Participate in site, program, and all-staff meetings, including an annual in-service and other organization-wide events as required.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and welcoming environment for all participants that complies with COVID-19 policies and security procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with background in education or related field
- Familiarity with the manufacturing trade or willingness to learn
- 1-2 years of small group teaching experience using educational curricula and resources
- Previous experience in adult education or working with diverse adult populations
- Ability to develop lesson plans that differentiate types of instruction
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Applications, and database usage
- Highly organized and detail orientated
- Ability to assume responsibility with little direct supervision, to exercise initiative and judgment, and to make decisions within the scope of assigned responsibilities
- Ability to work with program teams in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple tasks
- Commitment to the mission and students of LSW
Schedule and Compensation: This is a full-time, 40 hour/week position with a weekly schedule of Monday through Friday. Daily hours for daytime classes is yet to be determined and may vary week-to-week. Annual salary range is $45,000-48,000/year based on qualifications and experience. Benefits include generous paid time off (PTO), subsidized health insurance coverage, retirement plan, convenient free parking, and paid professional development opportunities.
A complete application includes 1) a letter of interest, 2) a resume, and 3) a list of three professional references. Applications should be sent via email to Steve Barron and will be accepted until the position is filled. Contact Steve at email@example.com if you have questions.