This position is responsible for the coordination of wishes within the policies and procedures established by Make-A-Wish America and Make-A-Wish Wisconsin. The Wish Coordinator assists the Mission Delivery Department in fulfilling its mission: Together we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses.
- Manage an individual caseload of wishes and ensure the wishes proceed in a timely manner. For travel wishes, responsible for: transportation, accommodations and services, assisting destination chapters, medical equipment, liability forms, itineraries and any other details necessary for the proper execution of the wish. For non-travel wishes, responsible for: purchasing, organizing and implementing all facets of the wish in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Supervise and support assigned wish granting volunteers throughout the wish process.
- Establish budgets for each wish, ensure fiscal responsibility for each wish.
- Ensure proper and up to date data entry of wish child information throughout wish process (Raiser’s Edge and Salesforce programs software).
- Maintain that each assigned wish has all required forms completed and in the file per Make-A-Wish America.
- Research, develop and maintain relationships with vendors in an effort to affordably grant wishes to qualified children.
- Maintain close communication with wish granters and wish families to ensure an orderly, magical wish that is in the best interest of the child.
- Keep abreast of all National and local policies, procedures, Performance Standards, guidelines and resources as they relate to the wish granting program.
- Conduct volunteer and medical outreach training sessions statewide with Mission Delivery colleagues as needed.
- Serve as a wish granter with rush wishes and in unusual family situations.
- Support Development and Communication Departments as needed.
- Assist in selecting certain wish children for participation in special events.
- Write/mail in-kind thank you letters and wish family correspondence as needed.
- Represent Make-A-Wish Wisconsin responsibly, professionally and provide excellent customer service to all constituents.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- A commitment to and passion for the work of the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree required. Previous non-profit experience desired, including work with children and families. Volunteer and fundraising experience helpful.
- Self-motivated, creative problem-solving team player who is a detail-oriented professional with excellent writing, organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities with minimal supervision is essential.
- Experience with having difficult conversations needed.
- Spanish-speaking individual a plus.
- Public speaking experience helpful.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills. Ability to interact with diverse groups and work successfully in a collaborative, team-oriented organization is essential.
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to work evening and weekend hours as needed.
- Salary is competitive and based upon qualifications. Comprehensive benefits package included.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE! Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted