The Associate Director of Development will support and enhance the fundraising success of his/her assigned College through individual major gift work. (S)he will spend majority of their time strategically developing relationship with existing and prospective donors who demonstrate potential for significant current and/or deferred gifts. The Associate Director will directly manage a portfolio of major gift prospects who have the interest to support the College and will work closely with the College lead to identify, qualify, cultivate, and solicit prospects who have the capacity to make a commitment of $100,000 or greater. Portfolio work will consist of executing moves management strategies with donors including regular face-to-face or virtual meetings with some extended travel required.
- Create and execute fundraising plans that utilize best practices in qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major gift prospects ($100,000+) for the strategic initiatives of the College.
- Actively manage a portfolio of prospects for the purpose of “moving” constituents through the major-gift pipeline. This includes travel for face-to-face visits as well as effective digital engagement.
- Secure outright and deferred gift commitments in fulfillment of individual and team goals.
- Sustain and strengthen relationships with targeted alumni, parents, and friends, of the college. Collaborate with other colleagues, faculty and staff as appropriate to develop an integrated approach for cultivating prospect interest and working toward gift solicitations.
- Maintain appropriate contact with prospects and records substantive information in UA database system.
- Attend relevant College and university events and meetings, some during the evenings and weekends; represents the university to external constituents.
- Participate in all UA, College Advancement, or other required team or staff meetings.
You may formally apply for this position here: