The primary function of this position is to provide program coordination and administrative support for the Hartman Center in the College of Education at Marquette University. In addition, this position will provide administrative support for special projects and purchasing for the Educational Policy and Leadership Department in the College of Education.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Program coordination and administrative contact for development and oversight of the Hartman Center. Responsibilities include but are not limited to hiring and scheduling student workers, maintaining circulation procedures, overseeing the logistics of the busses and parent coordinators, and keeping inventories of supplies and equipment.
- Assist in the preparation of the Hartman Center annual schedule; assign tutoring rooms, arranging for transportation, testing, and student staffing.
- Serve as liaison to the partner schools for day-to-day operations; including liaison to Milwaukee Academy of Science and I have A Dream Milwaukee.
- Organize and maintain Hartman Center files.
- Coordinate events relating to the Hartman Center.
- Provide administrative assistant support to the Hartman Center Director and the chair of the Department of Educational Policy and Leadership (EDPL).
- Oversee projects from EDPL during times that the Hartman Center is not operating; examples may include but are not limited to faculty search support, proctoring exams, or assisting with open houses, award events, and graduation.
- Track and process all purchasing needs within the EDPL department including faculty travel and research, textbook ordering, office supply ordering, and contract payments.
- Support EDPL department through scheduling of meetings, taking of minutes, collecting course syllabi, reserving rooms for faculty members.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High School education
- At least three years related work experience.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and ability and desire to work and communicate across cultures and with children. A history of excellent customer service including problem solving, with a courteous demeanor.
- Commitment to and ability to maintain confidentiality and have critical judgement and discretionary capacity.
- Must be able to work both autonomously and on a team while displaying excellent project and time management skills.
- The successful candidate will have the ability to multitask and work independently, and will demonstrate computer proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, iPad learning, and video content management.
- This position will require attendance at 3-5 early evening events ending as late as 6:30pm. Standard work hours for this position are 9:00am to 5:30pm with the potential for assessment support in the Hartman Center on Saturdays in September, December, and May.
- This position may not leave until all of the children, parent coordinators, and student employees have been accounted for.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- College degree strongly preferred.
It is the policy of Marquette University to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other applicable federal or state-protected classification.
All applications for this position must be received through Marquette University’s online application system at: employment.marquette.edu/postings/17474