Employee Classification: Non-Exempt/Hourly
Shift: 1st with mandatory after hour on-call rotations
Schedule: M-F with occasional weekends
Total hours required per week: 40
The Maintenance Specialist is responsible for keeping Meta House facilities in a safe and presentable condition. They must repair and upkeep damaged areas of facilities and perform preventative maintenance.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Assure facilities and equipment meet all appropriate codes and regulations.
- Perform required grounds maintenance activities including, but not limited to, mowing, weeding, raking, snow shoveling, plowing, and policing litter.
- Perform routine indoor maintenance activities including, but not limited to, carpentry repairs, plumbing repairs, electrical repairs, carpet/tile installation, and painting
- Move and store furniture and equipment
- Maintain company vehicles, making sure they are road safe
- Inspect grounds for and clean up litter
- Purchasing of supplies as delegated by Facilities Manager
- Staff maintenance on-call phone on a rotating basis. Respond to facilities-related emergencies, as necessary, outside regular business hours.
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Driving from site to site
- Other duties may be periodically or permanently assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must have driver’s license, safe driving record, and vehicle insurance
- Minimum of three years’ experience in apartment maintenance or similar field
- Skill in several general areas of maintenance including, but not limited to: electrical, plumbing, painting, dry walling, HVAC, or minor construction
Other Skills Required
- Able to use a variety of hand and power tools
- Comfortable working around recovering clientele
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- All Meta House staff are required to provide proof of vaccination for MMR, Varicella, and annual flu shot.
- Adherence to a non-smoking work environment.
- Tolerate occasional hot or cold days.
- Able to stand for prolonged periods
- Lift and up to 50 pounds on a regular basis and 75 pounds on occasion.
- Ascend and descend stairs using feet and legs.
- Bend, stoop, twist, squat, and kneel to perform essential functions.
- Reach overhead, and at or below shoulder level.
- Read and enter text or data into a computer or other system.
- Seize, hold, grasp, turn, or otherwise work with hands.
- Touch, pick, punch or otherwise working with fingers.
- Hear, understand, and distinguish speech and/or other sounds in order to communicate with clients and/or colleagues.
- Express or exchange ideas by means of spoken word to impart oral information to clients or the public and convey detailed spoken instructions to others accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- See clearly at approximately 20 inches or less including use of computers or tablet.
- Visually identify clients and others for reasons including, but not limited to security, presence in the building, and medication dispensing.
- Exposure to various cleaning chemicals
- Exposure to loud noises such as lawn mowers, snow blowers, drills, etc.
- Visually inspect facilities
- Fine motor dexterity to hold and operate hand and power tools safely
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license required.
- Ability to operate agency vehicle for work related duties.
- Ability to operate agency 15 passenger van.
- Access to personal vehicle for work purposes.
- Ability to use personal vehicle for work related duties.
- Auto insurance coverage with the following limits: 100k per person bodily injury/300k per accident bodily injury limit/100k property damage liability (required for employees using their personal vehicle for work or for employees transporting clients in their personal vehicle).
Apply online: Job Opportunities — Meta House