To assist the Health and Wellness Nurse with client care and responsible for medication carts per policies and procedures interacting with pharmacies, ensuring delivery of medications and monitoring accuracy of medication administration.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Assist Health and Wellness Nurse with all intakes and internal appointments
- Obtain patient vitals
- Prescription policy and procedures compliance
- Point person for calls to and from pharmacy:
- Update face sheets
- Handle medication refills
- Update discharge list
- Maintain accurate insurance information
- Follow-up with APNP when required
- Maintain accuracy of information entered into ECP
- Pharmacy links
- Demographic information
- Monitor for accuracy of entered medications
- Follow-up narcotic counts
- Complete cycle meds
- Follow-up with refills and transfer medications
- Ensure all medications have signed PO’s and follow-up as needed
- Ensure medication destruction per regulations working with Residential Operations Assistant
- Maintain medication cart and medication binders
- Ensure all MARS for narcotics are up to date
- Clean out unnecessary paperwork
- Assist with medication cart inventory
- Ensure all OTC medications are filled
- Remove discontinued medications
- Make sure all medications are labeled with the client’s name
- Ensure no client runs out of RX prescribed by internal APNP or external prescriber
- Tb test coordination with new clients
- Track nicotine patches
- Medical Case Management
- Assist with calling providers to establish care including scheduling of medical and dental appointments
- Assist with fax requests for additional hospital discharge information and medical appointment discharges
- Enter client information into WDL and printout requisitions
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment
- Order medical and office supplies
Qualifications and Requirements
High School diploma or equivalent
Graduation from an accredited program for Medication Management
Knowledge of medical practice and care to assist in giving client care
Skill in taking vital signs
Other Skills Required
- Ability to use Electronic Health Records
- Ability to use telephones, fax, and copy machines
- Ability to teach other staff on medication policies and procedures
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- All Meta House staff are required to provide proof of vaccination for MMR, Varicella, COVID-19, and annual flu shot.
- Adherence to a non-smoking work environment.
- Tolerate occasional hot or cold days.
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time including alternating sitting or standing at will.
- Lift and up to 25 pounds on a regular basis and 40 pounds on occasion.
- Ascend and descend stairs using feet and legs.
- Bend, stoop, twist, squat, and kneel to perform essential functions.
- Reach overhead, and at or below shoulder level.
- Read and enter text or data into a computer or other system.
- Seize, hold, grasp, turn, or otherwise work with hands.
- Touch, pick, punch or otherwise working with fingers.
- Hear, understand, and distinguish speech and/or other sounds in order to communicate with clients and/or colleagues.
- Express or exchange ideas by means of spoken word to impart oral information to clients or the public and convey detailed spoken instructions to others accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- See clearly at approximately 20 inches or less including use of computers or tablet.
- Visually identify clients and others for reasons including, but not limited to security, presence in the building, and medication dispensing.
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license required.
- Ability to operate agency vehicle for work related duties.
- Access to personal vehicle for work purposes.
- Ability to use personal vehicle for work related duties.
- Ability to use personal vehicle for work related duties including transportation of clients.
- Auto insurance coverage with the following limits: 100k per person bodily injury/300k per accident bodily injury limit/100k property damage liability (required for employees using their personal vehicle for work or for employees transporting clients in their personal vehicle).
Apply online at: