Paraprofessional staff at the Milwaukee Academy of Science are responsible for providing licensed staff with support in an educational environment by using culturally responsive instructional strategies, monitoring student progress, analyzing student data, and collaboratively planning for providing student interventions.
Length of Contract: First-Year Staff- 198 days; Returning Staff- 195 days
Reports to: Building Principal
Coordinates with: Building Principal, classroom and resource teachers, student service personnel, district coordinators, program support teachers, classified staff, building improvement teams, parents, and families
Required Qualifications: Associate Degree or 60 credits from a District Approved College or University
Teacher’s Assistants/ Paraprofessionals at the Milwaukee Academy of Science are responsible for the general supervision and management of students and will work under the direction of the classroom teacher to promote educational, social, and emotional development.
- Understand the educational philosophy of the School and for carrying out the policies of the Board of Directors
- Assist children with assignments.
- Assist the teacher with classroom management, clerical tasks, and other duties related toinstruction
- Assist students with computer technology, assistive technology, and media
- Prepare classroom displays
- Assist with the correction of student work
- Tutor students in one-on-one or small group settings
- Assist and supervise students in other activities as directed by the licensed teacher
- Maintain confidentiality at all times; maintain good attendance and flexibility while working cooperatively with supervisors and other employees
- Assist with the integration of special education students into the regular classroom setting
- Be aware of and/or participate on School teams for curriculum development, data analysis, staff development planning, selection of materials, and other committees.
- Plan for professional growth through staff development coursework, and/or other opportunities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the principal and other administrators
Email resume to Jennifer Berry (Talent Acquisition & Teacher Development Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org