The Building Substitute teacher is responsible for preparing all students for post-secondary success by implementing the district curriculum using culturally responsive instructional strategies, monitoring student progress, analyzing student data and collaboratively planning for providing student interventions.
Acting as building sub first, this staff member steps in and covers class periods, and full school days as needed, to ensure the implementation of academic minutes in the absence of teachers. On days and class periods when a teacher substitute is not required this staff member serves as a member of the student support team. During that time they assist with supporting scholars and teachers in and out of the classroom and help to maintain positive learning environments that are conducive to rigorous and valuable instructional time.”
Length of Contract: First-Year Teachers- 198 days; Returning Teachers- 195 days
Reports to: Building Principal Coordinates with: Building principal, classroom and resource teachers, student service personnel, district coordinators, program support teachers, classified staff, building improvement teams, parents and families
Position Qualifications: Some teaching experience. Experience working with students in an urban setting.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree
- Understand the educational philosophy of the School and for carrying out the policies of the Board of Directors
- Plan and deliver curriculum using culturally responsive instructional strategies
- Differentiate instruction
- Use formative and summative assessment to inform instruction and monitor student progress
- Communicate student progress with students, families, district staff members, and building administration.
- Collaboratively plan with families, building/district staff, and administration for student improvement.
- Be aware of and/or participate on School teams for curriculum development, data analysis, staff development planning, selection of materials, and other committees.
- Plan for professional growth through staff development, course work, and/or other opportunities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the principal and other administrators
Email resume to Jennifer Berry (Talent Acquisition & Teacher Development Manager) at email@example.com