The Administrative Assistant II position is located at Milwaukee Christian Center’s (MCC’s) main site location working closely with the Director of Finance and HR & Operations Manager, focused on administrative support for accounts payable and receivable, payroll, cost reports and billing preparation, new hire onboarding, maintaining compliance documents, external audit assistance and general office support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Support accounts payable, payroll, and accounts receivable processing.
- Reconcile credit card purchases by ensuring transactions are matched to the monthly statements.
- Assist with monthly cost reports and supporting documentation (billing) for various government and nonprofit organization grants.
- Obtain and organize documents in preparation for the annual financial and compliance audit and various grant monitor audits.
- Maintain familiarity with various grant contracts and applicable compliance with the OMB Uniform Guidance Act (previously known as the Single Audit Act).
- Provide back-up support to front office reception.
- Undertake diverse administrative tasks, from phone and computer management to filing and print projects.
- Responsible for meeting & event coordination, both on and off-site, including agenda ideation and creation, logistics & technology set-up, making catering arrangements and managing to assigned budget.
- Other general administrative duties as assigned.
Qualifications Desired Include:
- A two-year degree in business, accounting, office administration or related field and/or at least 2 years related experience.
- High level of attention to details, particularly numbers and data.
- Highly organized, able to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to manage changing priorities and frequent interruptions with a sense of urgency and high level of accuracy.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products, spreadsheets and database software programs.
- Work for extensive periods of time with numbers, data and forms to achieve task goals.
- Demonstrated ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to think critically to solve problems and make recommendations.
- Oral and Written communication and documentation skills in English, bilingual in Spanish desired.
- Aptitude to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships.
Pre-tax flexible spending account, 403(b) defined contribution retirement plan with 3% match, generous paid time off package starting at 20 days per year for full-time employees (prorated for PT employees), and expansive employee assistance program.
Milwaukee Christian Center is a multi-service organization that works to build strong neighborhoods full of opportunity. We approach that work through four core areas: housing, youth development, older adults, and food security – serving over 7,500 people each year. What began with American Baptist roots providing outreach to immigrants on Milwaukee’s south side in 1921, MCC now serves youth, families, and older adults of all races, ethnicities, religions, and ages throughout the city of Milwaukee.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Milwaukee Christian Center does not discriminate against any employee, applicant for employment, or client because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Milwaukee Christian Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Administrative Assistant II”. Position is open until filled. Interested candidates should apply immediately.