The Older Adults Meal Site Manager is responsible for providing supervision and oversight at 13 meal sites throughout Milwaukee County which provide older adults healthy food, an opportunity to socialize and connect to opportunities. This position manages a team of part-time staff who work directly at meal sites ensuring quality service across the program, manages regulatory and reporting duties, and builds caring and supportive relationships with volunteers, partners, and participants.
MCC believes that strong neighborhoods honor and care for their elders and offers older adults opportunities to remain healthy, in their homes, and vitally connected to the community. MCC’s Older Adults Meal Program offers 1,100+ Milwaukee County older adults a healthy, warm meal and an opportunity to connect each month.
Reports to: Director of Older Adult Programs
Schedule: Full Time Exempt position
Pay Rate: 40,000-45,000/annually, based on experience
Benefits: Health and dental insurance, pre-tax flexible spending account, 403(b) defined contribution retirement plan with 3% match, generous paid time off package starting at 20 days per year for full-time employees and 12 paid holidays, phone/technology stipend for eligible positions, and expansive employee assistance program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Supervise thirteen meal sites across Milwaukee County, providing direct supervision and support for meal site supervisors.
- Perform all duties of a meal site supervisor as necessary.
- Work cooperatively with caterers.
- Assist meal site supervisors in recruiting and retaining volunteers.
- Ensure program data is recorded and entered accurately, and presented to Milwaukee County Department on Aging monthly.
- Develop and coordinate informational presentations for meal site participants.
- Monitor daily reports to assure MCDA compliance.
- Ensure program goals and outcomes are met, monitor nutritional scores for at risk participants, provision of nutrition education, client satisfaction, and efforts to increase the number of new diners engaging at each site.
- Attend Milwaukee County Department on Aging meetings and training sessions.
- Attain and maintain Food Managers license.
- Participate in MCC events, meetings, and professional development as part of management leadership team.
Qualifications Desired Include:
- Supervisory experience, with a willingness to work with staff and volunteers with diverse skillsets.
- Ability to build strong relationships.
- Highly organized, able to meet program reporting deadlines and support team in maintaining program requirements.
- Able to collaborate with diverse team of community members, supporters, partners, staff and volunteers.
- Bilingual language skills highly valued but not required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle. Position requires daily travel within Milwaukee County.
Milwaukee Christian Center is a multi-service organization that works to build strong neighborhoods full of opportunity. We approach that work through four core areas: housing, youth development, older adults, and food security – serving over 7,500 people each year. What began with American Baptist roots providing outreach to immigrants on Milwaukee’s south side in 1921, MCC now serves youth, families, and older adults of all races, ethnicities, religions, and ages throughout the city of Milwaukee.
The Older Adult Meal Site Manager’s work takes place throughout Milwaukee County at thirteen meal sites located within community centers, senior housing complexes, and other community spaces. The Manager’s office is located within Milwaukee Christian Center’s main site, working alongside programming and community members. The position is expected to travel to program sites throughout Milwaukee County daily.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Milwaukee Christian Center does not discriminate against any employee, applicant for employment, or client because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Milwaukee Christian Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Position is open until filled. Interested candidates should apply immediately.