Volunteer Programs Coordinator – Construction
Full-Time, Hourly/Non-Exempt, Tuesday – Saturday schedule
Are you looking for meaningful and energizing work? A job where you feel connected to a mission and motivated to make a difference? Then you should consider a career with Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity. As part of our engaged and passionate team, you’ll help power our mission to bring people together to build homes, communities and hope. You would join a workplace that is inclusive, innovative, supportive, and so much more. Pretty awesome right? Join our team by applying today!
The Construction Volunteer Programs Coordinator is an integral member of the Volunteer Services Team having responsibility for all aspects of the construction volunteer program. This position is responsible for recruitment, placement, scheduling, retention, and appreciation functions for volunteers that work in our construction department.
Recruitment, Placement and Scheduling
- Recruit volunteers to work in our construction department.
- Complete onboarding process, including waiver signing, background checks and orientations, for volunteers.
- Primary scheduling contact for construction tasks.
- Coordinate lunches for qualified sponsors.
- Assist with the placement of skilled volunteers.
- Work alongside the construction staff in determining construction build schedules.
- Maintain relationships with volunteers through phone, email, and construction site visits.
- Maintain volunteer database and track volunteer hour accumulations.
- Generate construction volunteer reports.
- Develop and maintain communication systems to keep volunteers informed.
- Manage volunteer engagement and educational activities.
- Collaborate with construction staff to develop systems and policies that improve the volunteer experience.
- Recognize contributions of construction volunteers through individual appreciation and group events
- Participate in the planning of annual volunteer events
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Minimum two years of volunteer management experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong customer service orientation
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Takes initiative; able to work independently; adjusts priorities based on organization’s needs
- Excellent written, verbal and listening skills
- Strong project management skills
- Comfortable in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Strong ability to successfully lead and be part of a team
- Demonstrated excellence of interpersonal skills dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- A passion for Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity’s Mission
$17.00 – 18.50 per hour
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k + employer contribution
- Generous paid time off + 10 paid holidays
- Casual attire
- Employee Discount at Milwaukee’s ReStores
- Employee referral program
About Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity:
Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity is a non-profit organization working to break down the barriers to safe, affordable homeownership for local families in need. By helping families become first-time homebuyers and making critical home repair affordable for existing homeowners, we empower our community. Currently, 1 in 3 Milwaukee renters spend half or more of their income on housing. As part of Habitat’s team, you’ll help create equitable access to homeownership, empowering local families to invest in a safe, stable place to call home.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity affirms its social and legal commitment to promote an atmosphere and environment that recognizes the principle and practice of equal employment opportunity. Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, status with regards to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission or citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please apply here and include your resume. The review process will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity is an equal employment opportunity employer.