The Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design (MIAD) has an increased commitment to providing programming to Milwaukee- area youth centered on providing equitable educational opportunities and career pathways. MIAD seeks candidates for a highly rewarding, full-time Youth + Community Outreach Coordinator to foster close partnerships with community members, professional partners, and educators to initiate, facilitate, and assess educational programming for the High School Art + Design Internship Program, Future Designers, as well as community-based organization partnerships. In collaboration with the Director of Youth + Community Programs, the Coordinator develops and implements long-term strategic planning for increasing strong community partnerships and providing special programming for high school students interested in pursuing an art and design education.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as a key representative of MIAD to create, maintain, and strengthen relationships with community partners, professional associates, and high school educators.
- Serve as the point of contact for all partnerships and projects within MIAD’s youth outreach programs, which includes initiating conversations, scheduling, planning, and overseeing all projects for each program throughout the year.
- Recruit faculty and teaching assistants to fill the needs of corresponding programs and/or projects in partnership and collaboration with the Director of Youth + Community Programs. This will include soliciting teaching need, interviewing candidates, and providing timely and accurate information with Human Resources to onboard new hires in good order.
- Monitor and observe all projects frequently throughout the program to ensure quality and success, building relationships that engage participants with a positive experience and encouragement.
- Manage and track project budgets, hire paperwork, pay requests, supplies, transportation, and food for each program/project. Facilitate the acquisition and distribution of bus passes and food as required for each project.
- Purchase required supplies for timely distribution for each project.
- Analyze and summarize survey data and, with the Director of Youth + Community Programs, determine necessary adjustments moving forward as needed, maintain critical data of all participants for grant-seeking purposes and manage and properly archive all documentation/data of each program.
- Maintain a working environment that is respectful and inclusive of the diverse backgrounds of all participants, partners, faculty, and staff.
- Develop and maintain systems and processes to ensure seamless execution of all administrative functions related to the office.
- Collaboratively and professionally work with all MIAD offices and departments.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Youth + Community Programs.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Background in visual art/design, art education, art history, community outreach, and/or project management strongly preferred.
- Three (3) or more years of successful professional experience in a Coordinator role or similar position is preferred.
- Experience in higher education and community engagement is preferred.
- Must have expert proficiency with Microsoft Office and the ability to quickly learn and become proficient in Google Suite products including calendar, documents, spreadsheets, and email. Experience with Mac is preferred. Strong experience with social media is a plus.
- Must hold and maintain a valid driver’s license to meet with community partners with reliable access to a vehicle.
- Strong organizational skills with keen attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Ability to self-direct, an aptitude for creative problem solving, and the ability to multitask.
- Excel at interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills in interacting with staff, faculty, students, families, and professional/community partners.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service with a welcoming and proactive approach to answering questions and providing support.
- Demonstrate success in collaborative work with a diverse group of constituents.
- Demonstrate ability to be flexible and take initiative, to easily adapt to changes, contribute independently and as part of a team, and manage multiple activities and deadlines.
- Must have the ability to work a set schedule during the week with ability to flex hours to work occasional evening and weekends as needed to support projects and programs. A schedule will be identified well in advance of evening and weekend work.
- Must have the ability to regularly report on-site.
APPLICATION PROCESS AND DEADLINE
Qualified applicants should submit the following information in one (1) pdf document:
- A letter of interest/cover letter
- A resume
- Contact information for three (3) professional references.
Please save the file in the following manner: [LastName_FirstName_youthoutreach.pdf] and submit to:
The initial review of applicants will occur after October 2, 2022, and will continue until the position has been filled.
MIAD offers an attractive benefits package, including health, vision, and dental insurance. HR discusses the salary range with candidates of interest prior to an invitation to interview. All final candidates extended an offer must successfully complete reference and background checks.