GUEST CARE ADVOCATE
Safe Harbor – Division for Men. The Milwaukee Rescue Mission’s programs for men range from meeting their short-term emergency needs, to providing longer term services that can help them break free from addictions, find and keep a job, build confidence and self-esteem and turn their lives around. All with a spiritual foundation.
Safe Harbor is looking for a mature Christian man to fill a full-time Guest Care Advocate position to work with the men in our emergency shelter and services. The Guest Care Advocate position is very relational, interacting with and building positive, life-transforming relationships with guests. The focus of this position is identifying and recruiting guests for our long-term programs and services, as well as case management.
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, Monday-Friday, 12:30pm-8:30pm with weekend on rotation
LOCATION: Central Campus, 830 N 19th Street, Milwaukee, WI. 53233
- Identify and recruit guests for New Journey Program candidacy
- Develop and execute guest-specific renewal plans
- Along with the Biblical Counselor, manage New Journey candidacy process for all candidates
- Identify guests for Community Support Services (CSS) and manage progress
- Identify, recruit, and manage guests for Vocational Initiative Services (VIS)
- Understand and enforce all operational policies and procedures
- Work in tandem with the Safety team to ensure the safety and security of the Mission, its people and its properties
- Help ensure guests understand and follow premise rules and regulations
- If necessary, remove or assist in removing any person engaged in suspicious or criminal acts
- Perform breathalyzer tests
- Perform first aid and/or life saving measures if necessary
- Christian man with a servant’s heart who is able to relate well with others in a diverse population
- Bachelor’s Degree in applicable field (social work, theology, education) preferred
- 2-3 years case management or ministry experience preferred
- First Aid, CPR and AED training preferred. Willing to be certified within one year of hire.
- Ability and willingness to share the gospel
- An authentic, eager, and influential role model with the ability to motivate and inspire
- Ability to case note clearly and according to best practices
- Computer literacy and the ability to navigate industry software
- Excellent interpersonal communication and mentoring skills
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet all specified deadlines
- Detail orientated with excellent organization and follow through skills
- Ability to handle physical workload and lift up to 50lbs.
- Be in agreement with and subscribe to the MRM Statement of Faith and the MRM Statement of Biblical Convictions
- Be a committed follower of the Lord Jesus Christ, which is evident in personal testimony and Christian conduct
- Pass a pre-employment background check and drug test
EXCELLENT BENEFIT PACKAGE:
- Hiring range $18.15-$19.16 hour (+ shift differential when applicable), based on candidate qualifications and experience
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts with employer match
- Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401K with generous employer contribution
- Paid holidays and generous PTO
- Education Assistance
- Health Club reimbursement
- Free onsite parking
- Free meal available during shift
- Business Casual/Casual dress
Click here to apply on our website.
The Milwaukee Rescue Mission is a 501 (c)3, charitable, non-profit church, Christian organization. Milwaukee Rescue Mission has an organizational religious exemption from the prohibitions contained in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, concerning religious discrimination in employment. We further reserve the right to discriminate or designate certain positions when a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Subject to the Constitution of the United States and all applicable state and federal laws, Milwaukee Rescue Mission does not discriminate in the administration and dissemination of its programs and services.