NEW JOURNEY ADVOCATE
Safe Harbor – Division for Men. The Milwaukee Rescue Mission’s programs for men range from meeting their short-term emergency needs, to providing longer term services that can help them break free from addictions, find and keep a job, build confidence and self-esteem and turn their lives around. All with a spiritual foundation.
Safe Harbor is looking for a mature Christian man to fill a full-time New Journey Advocate position. New Journey Advocates provide direction and stability to New Journey program participants as they work towards moving back into the community – confidently with dignity. This position is very relational, interacting with and building positive, life-transforming relationships.
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, 8:00am-4:00pm (3 -4 days per week), 2:00pm-10:00pm (1-2 days per week) & 1 weekend per month.
LOCATION: Central Campus, 830 N 19th Street, Milwaukee, WI. 53233
- Provide oversight to New Journey program participants
- Intentionally connect with each participant in a way that engages his desire to change
- Create a safe, stable, and structured environment to help participants overcome barriers to life transformation
- Demonstrate the gospel as the foundation for experiencing a life-transforming relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ
- Facilitate the necessary skills and action steps for ongoing change
- Perform first aid and/or life saving measures if necessary
- A Christian man with a servant’s heart who is able to relate well with others in a diverse population
- High School diploma or equivalent GED required; Bachelor’s degree in applicable field (social work, theology, education) preferred
- 2-3 years case management or ministry experience preferred
- An authentic, eager, and influential role model with the ability to motivate and inspire
- Computer literacy and the ability to navigate industry software
- Ability to case note clearly and according to best practices
- Excellent interpersonal communication and mentoring skills
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet all specified deadlines
- Detail orientated with excellent organization and follow through skills
- Lead by example
- A flexible, team player
- Ability to handle physical workload and lift up to 50 lbs
- Reliability, dependability, and punctuality are expected
- Have a genuine concern for the salvation and spiritual welfare for all those encountered though the ministry of MRM, seeking to model and share the hope of the gospel within the established responsibilities of this position.
- A workplace demeanor consistent with a Christian church environment: civil, respectful, polite, and responsive
- Be in agreement with and subscribe to the MRM Statement of Faith and the MRM Statement of Biblical Convictions
- Be a committed follower of the Lord Jesus Christ, which is evident in personal testimony and Christian conduct
- Pass a pre-employment background check and drug test
EXCELLENT BENEFIT PACKAGE:
- Hiring Range $18.70-$19.74 hour (+ shift differential when applicable) based on candidate qualifications and experience
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts with employer match
- Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401K with generous employer contribution
- Paid holidays and generous PTO
- Education assistance
- Health Club reimbursement
- Free onsite parking
- Free meal available during shift
- Business Casual/Casual Dress
Click here to apply on our website.
The Milwaukee Rescue Mission is a 501 (c)3, charitable, non-profit church, Christian organization. Milwaukee Rescue Mission has an organizational religious exemption from the prohibitions contained in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, concerning religious discrimination in employment. We further reserve the right to discriminate or designate certain positions when a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Subject to the Constitution of the United States and all applicable state and federal laws, Milwaukee Rescue Mission does not discriminate in the administration and dissemination of its programs and services.