YOUTH & FAMILY PROGRAM ASSISTANT
Joy House – Milwaukee Rescue Mission Division for Women & Children: The women and children who come to us for emergency or long-term support rely on the safety, love and warmth of Joy House and its many services. We nourish and nurture them through training, education and spiritual guidance so they can make better lives for themselves and for their kids.
We are looking to hire part time Youth & Family Program Assistants to help plan, facilitate, and support Joy House child and family activities. These individuals will work with the women and children living in our Joy House shelter, inspiring them through the gospel and creative play, activities and listening sessions to achieve their relational, academic, social, and spiritual potential.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 24-25 hours per week between the hours of 4pm-10pm
Location: Central Campus, 830 N.19th Street, Milwaukee, WI. 53233
- Plan and support Joy House child and family activities
- Share the gospel and lead weekly age appropriate bible studies with children, youth and families
- Proactively invest in appropriate relationships with families by spending time with them during meals and playtime, praying with them, and talking with the moms concerning positive interactions with their children
- Assist with managing the Learning Lab space, volunteers and children. This includes escorting the children and volunteers to the designated area, tutoring, class control and distributing snacks.
- Assist parent and staff in managing child behavior issues
- Creatively find ways to keep families engaged and participating
- Assist in volunteer tracking and engagement
- Transport children and/or families to and from planned events
- Provide seasonal support for special events and MPS off days (Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc.)
- Undergraduate degree, in applicable field (social work, occupational therapy, theology, sociology, education, child development) preferred
- 1-2 years of successful work or volunteer experience planning and coordinating child, youth or family activities
- Highly desirable to have experience in children’s, youth or family ministry
- Ability and willingness to share the gospel
- An authentic, eager and influential role model with the ability to motivate and inspire
- Creative mind set
- Ability to keep everything well organized and under control, but remain focused on the children and families
- Culturally competent and relational with excellent interpersonal communication and mentoring skills
- Computer literacy; competent working with database software and MS Office applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability and willingness to follow directions, to be flexible and a team player
- A valid driver’s license and good driving record is a must
- Comfortable driving a 15-passenger van
- Have a genuine concern for the salvation and spiritual welfare of MRM guests
- A workplace demeanor consistent with a Christian church environment: civil, respectful, polite, and responsive
- Be in agreement with and subscribe to the MRM Statement of Faith and the MRM Statement of Biblical Convictions
- Be a committed follower of the Lord Jesus Christ, which is evident in personal testimony and Christian conduct
- Pass a pre-employment background check and drug test
PART TIME BENEFITS:
- Hiring range $16.00-$16.50 + shift differential, based on experience/qualifications
- Paid holidays
- Free onsite parking
- Free meal available during shift
- Business Casual/Casual Dress
Click here to apply online on our website.
The Milwaukee Rescue Mission is a 501 (c)3, charitable, non-profit church, Christian organization. Milwaukee Rescue Mission has an organizational religious exemption from the prohibitions contained in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, concerning religious discrimination in employment. We further reserve the right to discriminate or designate certain positions when a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Subject to the Constitution of the United States and all applicable state and federal laws, Milwaukee Rescue Mission does not discriminate in the administration and dissemination of its programs and services.