The motivated and capable individual filling this position will strategize, implement, and supervise educational and support programming provided by NAMI Racine County. NAMI Racine County envisions a compassionate community where all people affected by mental health conditions (including adults and teens, families and loved ones) live healthy, fulfilling lives. We welcome your application to join our growing team.
Scope and Function of Position:
The Program Supervisor will be responsible for organization, operation, and management of all NAMI Racine County support and education programs, including the recruitment and supervision of paid and/or volunteer facilitators.
- Build and maintain a solid foundation of education and support programs consistent with NAMI Racine County’s mission, vision, and values; including, but not limited to NAMI Signature Programs (e.g. NAMI Family-to-Family, NAMI Peer-to-Peer, NAMI Family Support Group, et. al.)
- Recruitment, training, and supervisory responsibility for two program staff and a number of volunteers
- Ensure fidelity to program and support requirements in compliance with grant and strategic planning initiatives
- Collaboration with other staff, community partners, and volunteers to provide well-organized presentations while embodying the mission of NAMI Racine County
- Participation in NAMI Racine County committees relevant to the position
- Provide support as needed to other staff and organization events
- Administrative tasks and other duties relating to the position including, but not limited to evaluations, data entry, reporting, budgeting, CRM software, strategic planning, etc.
If you meet most, but not all of these, please still apply and explain your plan for professional growth in your cover letter.
- Willingness to learn, receive and provide feedback, and utilize resources to improve skillset over time
- Demonstrated experience implementing and expanding programs
- Passion for NAMI mission and/or lived experience as a person who has a mental health condition or a close loved one of someone with a mental health condition
- Committed to organizational and community DEI goals
- Comfortable and skilled with public speaking and writing presentations
- Supervisory and/or team leadership experience required
- Proven time management skills and dependability
- Intermediate to proficient knowledge (or willingness and ability to learn) technology to support needs of organization including, but not limited to Microsoft Office, eTapestry, MailChimp, Qgiv, Canva
- Teamwork focus to cover absences, support events, and pitch in where needed which may require occasional evening and/or weekends
- Supports NAMI Racine County’s mission, vision, values, strategic direction, and administrative decisions
- Ability to travel throughout the county or state as needed
- Nonprofit experience as a volunteer or staff member
- Knowledge of local and state community resources
- College degree preferred; experience preferred
Benefits (subject to change)
- Flexible hours
- Fridays optional (with minimal exceptions)
- Indoor, office environment
- Private or semi-private office space; no cubicle
- Collaborative, inclusive team environment
- PTO with increases with tenure
- Mileage reimbursement plan
- 105B medical reimbursements upon meeting eligibility
- DEI focus: BIPOC, LGBTQ+ and disability friendly
Other requirements prior to hire:
- All staff members and volunteers are members of NAMI Racine County
- While not required for all staff or volunteers, this position requires a full vaccination for COVID-19 per local hospital guidelines for volunteers, as some presentations will require attendance at local area hospitals. Subject to change with hospital policies.
- To protect our community, we require a national criminal background screening
- There is a 90-day probationary period which prevents PTO from being accrued/used
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent need to stand, walk, and sit
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- The ability to stoop and bend and reach into file drawers is required
- Use of office equipment and materials including, but not limited to, a computer, calculator, copy machine, telephone, projector, TV, postage meter
NAMI Racine County makes all hiring and employment decisions without regard to race, creed, color, age, gender, gender identity, martial or parental status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or sexual identity. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Updated August 2022
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Bridget Munson at firstname.lastname@example.org.