The National Association of Congregational Christian Churches (NACCC) is a non-profit organization comprising 300 diverse Congregational churches throughout the United States. The NACCC supports its membership by providing resources and fellowship opportunities, encouraging connectivity through the exchange of ideas and practices. In the spirit of Congregationalism, the NACCC works to serve humanity, supporting global missions.
The Communications Manager will oversee all communications generated by the NACCC and the Congregational Foundation including collaboration with staff and volunteer leadership to plan and implement effective branding strategies, social media/digital presence, fundraising initiatives, and any other type of communication involving member churches of the NACCC and other stakeholders, ministry partners, affiliated organizations, and community outreach efforts.
Essential Job Functions:
- Overall responsibility for the creation and dissemination of strategic communications and marketing materials (internal and external) including digital media management (social media profiles and website administration), NACCC E-News, brochures, the annual report, fundraising appeals, webinars, and any other marketing materials.
- Generate new and creative ways to promote, grow and expand the NACCC.
- Exercise discretion in developing and producing content for various communications keeping in mind the mission, vision and purpose of the organization.
- Establish and ensure effective collaborative relationships, delivering accurate, valuable and timely communication, within the NACCC organization (staff, individual churches and constituents) as well as outside vendors and strategic alliances.
- Hire and supervise all work contributed by independent, contract designers, proofreaders, and photographers.
- Possess strong organizational skills to handle multiple priorities simultaneously with strict adherence to deadlines and budget guidelines.
- Handle the organizational database management, and collaborate with the development staff to assist in various fundraising efforts and the Executive Assistant with preparation of communications for the annual meeting.
- Promote and uphold an inclusive, diverse culture within the Association respectfully interacting with people of various backgrounds.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and experience with content creation, messaging strategies, and presentation of marketing and communication initiatives in person, in writing, and online.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, and interpersonal. Keen attention to detail and deadlines.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), PDF Reader, Zoom, Bloomerang, Trello. Also experience with photography and graphic design.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations and/or related fields.
- Experience (3-5 years) in the production of communications and marketing materials across diverse media platforms.
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with volunteer leadership, constituents, and outside vendors and to successfully manage the tasks and demands of the role independently.
- Professional, friendly demeanor with strong skills in problem resolution, time management, flexibility, and budget guidelines.
- Sensitivity to diverse viewpoints cultivating constructive dialogue among multiple generations, cultures and perspectives.
- Ability to speak publicly in support of the NACCC’s mission.
- This is a full-time, exempt-salaried position. Evaluation and compensation will be reviewed annually by the Executive Director in consultation with the Personnel and Administration Committee. The NACCC supports a small, close-knit staff and is attentive to work/life balance.
Commensurate with experience; $60,000 – $70,000 annual salary along with a competitive benefits package.
NACCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
TO APPLY: Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.