Under the supervision of the Development Director, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the general administration of office operations of the agency. Responsibilities include, but are to limited to, reception, administrative and clerical support, dealing with agency’s many publics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Record Keeping At all times, accurately maintain the Development Department’s data that may include:
- At all times, accurately enter & update donor and/volunteer information on Excel spreadsheets and donor database
- Ensure accurate and complete information is obtained and entered regarding all donations, sponsorships on excel spreadsheets and database.
- Correctly process and send thank you letters and Memorial/Honorarium cards and send within 3 work days of receipt
- Accurately process and maintain Volunteer information on a well-timed basis
- Perform background checks for volunteer applications on a timely basis
- Precisely complete donation receipts for online donations
- Assist with receivables collection from Development Department events and activities.
- Maintain auction files on a timely and ongoing basis
- Using online giving platforms and excel spreadsheets, create accurate and timely reports with regard to all aspects of events’ results, including but not limited to sponsorships, auction and raffle, guest names, contact information and menu choices.
- Ensure that all required volunteer documents (background checks, application, etc.) are completed and filed prior to the volunteer start date
- Schedule volunteers to support NH special events
- Set up volunteer committee meetings four weeks in advance of meeting date
- Record and distribute committee meeting minutes at least one week in advance of the scheduled meeting
Special Event Support
- Support the Development Director with varies administrative task such as:
- Update, process and mail solicitation letters and spreadsheets
- Accurately record and file sponsor and/or auction donations. Update their arrival in spreadsheets and database(s) within two work days of receipt
- Follow up with donors to obtain marketing collateral and donation pick ups
- Under the direction of the Development Director, update all event collateral (e.g. invitations, sponsor materials, program book, table tents
- Using Excel record, download and print event name tags
- Set up for all Volunteer groups including ordering, picking up, setting up and clearing refreshments, NH materials, lost items. Follow up with volunteer groups about items left behind.
- Set up for all Development events
- Clean up after all events
- Assist in uploading social media posts
- Keep NH literature and program information in the reception areas current
- Keep Development and Donor documents and files confidential and maintained on a daily basis
- Make electronic copies of acknowledgement/thank you letters to donors and mail/email
- Customer service activities such as answering phones, transferring calls to the appropriate party or taking a message, greet visitors and direct them to their proper destination.
- Be able to inform callers about Neighborhood House programs.
- Assist with processing expense reports
- Take and download photos as directed.
- Other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to accurately perform each of the essential duties at all times and be available to work flexible hours. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficient in Microsoft word, Excel and Adobe Suite
- Accurate in recording data/information
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Good communication skills and appropriate phone etiquette.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with a keen ability to meet deadlines.
- Available to work flexible hours and weekends (approximately 4 to 6 weekends and 10 to 15 week nights in a 12 month period)
- Ability to work well with volunteers, staff and the general public.
- Knowledge and/or interest in working with non-profits.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- A problem solver
- Pleasant demeanor
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Requires a minimum education generally equivalent to a high school diploma or GED and three years of experience in an administrative position. A background in communication, public relations, marketing is preferred.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Must be experienced and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Adobe Suite.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Strong writing and oral skills are required. Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with donors, volunteers, families, staff and visitors.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to keep precise and accurate records on a timely basis.
Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com .