The Reception Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the reception and security areas. The Reception Supervisor reports to the Director of Operations.
- Supervise the Reception Team at both the 29th Street and Capitol Drive sites.
- Develop schedule to ensure that the front desk and phones are covered at all times.
- Ensure that the Reception Team are professional and responsive to both internal and external customers.
- Ensure that the Reception Team understands and follows all policies and procedures of the agency, as well as specifically in the Reception Handbook and Emergency Procedures Manual.
- Ensure the Room Reservation system operates effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure the Vehicle Reservation system operates effectively and efficiently.
- Maintains agency vehicles with oil changes and repairs as needed.
- Ensure a system for daily mail delivery, including distribution of US Postal Mail and mail between sites and keeping mailboxes updated.
- Ensures cleanliness and functioning of staff break rooms, conference rooms and other communal spaces.
- Orders supplies as needed.
- Develop a process for monitoring systems described above to meet and exceed standards.
- Train and supervise contracted security staff.
- Serve as liaison with contracted security while they are onsite and ensure they fulfill contract requirements.
- Serve as primary point of contact when there are staff or customer issues related to the reception desk and security involving quality, customer service, or accidents or incidents on-site.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Communicate customer issues with Director of Operations and devise ways of improving the customer experience, including resolving problems and complaints.
- Communicate all operating policies and/or issues at department meetings.
Accountability and Performance Requirement
All staff members are accountable for knowing and performing the responsibilities associated with their individual position in an efficient and effective manner, understanding that each of us plays an integral role in the success of our mission. All staff will support the agency mission, vision, standards of conduct/code of ethics and strategic directions and support administrative decisions. This must demonstrated by maintaining a positive work and environment, by behaving and communicating in an appropriate manner with children, families, coworkers, supervisors and the public while achieving performance expectations.
- Associate degree preferred.
- At least three years of administrative experience. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Computer proficiency including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with ability to prioritize.
- Demonstrated communication skills, both written and verbal.
Special Position Requirements
- The incumbent must have access to a personal vehicle to use on a daily basis, maintain a valid drivers license and automobile insurance with liability limits of $300,000 (bodily injury) and $25,000 (property damage for each occurrence). Ability to work under tight deadlines and good writing required.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality when working with sensitive information.
- Ability to oversee employees in multiple locations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Safety and Health
Next Door is committed to providing a safe work environment and to fostering the well-being and health of its employees. An essential part of each employee’s job is the development of safe working practices and the observance of safety rules, including:
- Following safety warnings and directions at all times.
- Using personal safety devices when required.
- Reporting any unsafe conditions to their supervisor.
- Following process for reporting suspected child abuse and neglect.
- Reporting unsupervised children, after ensuring childs safety.
- Primarily active work; occasionally lifting up, holding or moving up to 50 lbs.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling, and ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Onsite. Mainly office setting.
- Ability to make frequent, significant decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to respond quickly and competently to an emergency or crisis situation.
Join an award-winning team doing the most important work in Milwaukee
This is your opportunity to help create bright futures and a stronger Milwaukee! Our teachers and staff are guided by Next Door’s mission: to support the intellectual, physical and emotional development of children by partnering with their families for success in school and in the community.
At Next Door, we work hard to ensure Milwaukee children living in poverty get a strong start to life during the most critical period of brain development, ages birth to three. You can help a child achieve that start in the classroom, in a home visitation setting, through family advocacy or in a wide variety of support roles.
Our employees also play a big role in shaping the future of Next Door. Driven by our strategic plan, you can help Next Door become the preeminent leader in early childhood education in Milwaukee and the employer of choice among early childhood professionals.