Starting Date: Summer 2023 or possibly earlier, with training ideally occurring in April 2023.
Hours/Days: Various shifts available, including summer hours and all school days. 25 – 35 hours per week
Compensation: $16.50 – $23 per hour, depending upon work experience.
If you are called to work with young children in a manner that is quiet, calm, and supportive, please consider this opportunity and support the great work of our Montessori lead teachers in a classroom of 3-6 year-old children.
- Supervise children in outdoor play
- Assist children with coats and shoes
- Model polite, respectful behavior
- Make materials — cutting, copying and laminating
- Maintain supplies and materials
- Organize and clean the environment
- Serve as other eyes and ears in the classroom, including observing regularly
- Safely escort children to the playground and supervise recess and outdoor play
- Ensure children are safe and accounted for at all times
- Call parents or caregivers when children become sick at school and care for the children until they arrive
- Other tasks as needed
Skills and Attributes Needed:
- Prompt and dependable!
- Respectful of each child’s individual needs and development
- Naturally patient and kind
- Good manners and courteous
- Work within the team to create a loving, supportive, caring environment
- Professional demeanor at all times
- Must be comfortable working on the floor, walking several blocks outdoors, and being outdoors for drop-off and pick-up in all types of weather
- Must complete a background check
Please send an overview of work history and three sentences stating why you are well-suited for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applying for this job? Let them know that you learned about it on Jobs That Help!