Bilingual (Spanish, Hmong), sign language interpreter, and minorities encouraged to apply.
Benefits: after 90-days (United Healthcare, Colonial Dental, Vision, 403b, sick time, 3 weeks’ vacation, other benefits offered
Pay: $17/hour Plus a 1x sign-on bonus after 90-day probationary of $500
Reports to: Program Manager and Lead Peer Specialist
Our Space is seeking a Peer Specialist and or Certified Peer Specialists (CPS) to provide services to our Peer-Run Respite the Parachute House. The peer is responsible for engaging peers in meeting individuals where they are at, helping them discover their potential, providing a safe and accepting home-like environment, provide a sense of community belonging, providing support, and empowering them to obtain their goals. The goal is to promote wellness and self-direction while enhancing the skills and ability of peers to meet their chosen goals in a non-judgmental manner through one-on-one or small group situation. This position’s focus is on providing support based on shared experiences to empower individuals with mental health and or substance abuse using a person-centered trauma informer-care approach. Peers are to provide support, strength, and hope.
- Provide peer support to guest with mental illness, trauma, and substance abuse
- Complete pre-stay conversation with potential guest.
- Provide and complete all Welcome paperwork with guest to include Guest Rights, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure a safe and homelike environment.
- Establish a rapport with peers; intentionally sharing life in a culturally competent and sensitive Manner.
- Model effective coping techniques and self-help strategies based on the specialist’s own recovery experience
- Support them in advocating for themselves
- Support person in exploring new ideas that may be beneficial to their recovery and assist in maintaining stability.
- Provide information regarding resources that are beneficial to their recovery.
- Understand and use the established supervisory hierarchy to communicate needs, questions, concerns, etc.
- Team member in helping with changing rooms over and ensuring home is clean
- Complete Entry and Exit Surveys and complete 30-day Wellness follow-up calls.
- Complete all daily and weekly operational task
- Provide support through warm line calls and complete all documentation.
- Attend all required team meetings
- Attend all required trainings.
- Documentation as instructed, and maintain confidentiality with documented information in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Follow all policies and procedures regarding Critical Incidents and all other organizational policies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be 18 years and older.
- High School graduate or GED
- Must be able to work near a school and or nursing facility.
- Must have lived experience or be Wisconsin State Peer Specialist Certification
- Lived experience, personal experience with recovery and knowledge of recovery principles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication principles.
- Must align with Our Space’s vision, mission, values, and goals.
- Ethical and reliable
- Basic computer skills are a must.
Email inquiry firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or mail to Our Space, located at 1527 W. National Ave. Milwaukee, WI 53204. You may also download our application at ourspaceinc.org