Job Purpose and Reporting Structure:
Under the supervision of the Director of Clinical Services, the Comprehensive Community Services (CCS) Individual Skill Development Coach provides coaching, guidance and supporting strategies to youth ages 23 and under with a mental health diagnosis or substance abuse diagnosis living in Milwaukee County. The CCS Individual Skill Development Coach will support the wellness plan designed to provide the highest level of independent functioning and quality of life possible and desired by the youth. The CCS Individual Skill Development Coach will work in alliance with the youth’s Care Coordinator, working toward helping youth build the skills needed to improve health, promote wellness, attain personal goals and enhance overall quality of life.
- Act as a CCS Independent Life Skill Coach by providing individual social support to increase social connections and improve communication skills and comfort in interpersonal relationships in Milwaukee County.
- Promote wellness, self-direction, and recovery by enhancing the skills and abilities of the youth to meet their chosen goals.
- Teach youth how to make healthy decisions, improve problem solving skills, improve self-regulation attain effective conflict resolution skills, and other specific needs identified in the youths’ service plans.
- Assist youth to effectively cope with anxiety.
- Facilitate positive activities that encourage appropriate social interactions with other adults and peers in all areas of the youths’ lives, including community, home, school, and recreation.
- Provide training in daily living skills related to personal care, household tasks, financial management, transportation, shopping, accessing and connecting to community resources and services (including health care services) and other specific daily living needs identified in the youths’ service plans.
- Assist youth to develop greater self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Generate and maintain accurate documentation as required by established standards by Pathfinders, Wraparound Milwaukee, and Medicaid.
- Maintain youth records and complete all necessary reports of activities, inputs, outputs, and outcomes. Paperwork must be completed in a strength based manner.
- Assure accurate and timely documentation and billing in the Wraparound Synthesis database.
- Increase youths’ access to mainstream community resources available through the Drop-In Center and Pathfinders Youth Shelter. Work effectively with program’s collaborative partners to ensure successful service access.
- Participate and represent Pathfinders in all meetings for the CCS program within Pathfinders and with Wraparound Milwaukee.
- Participate in all program and agency meetings, trainings, and development opportunities.
- Adhere to all relevant Pathfinders Milwaukee and Wraparound Milwaukee Policy and Procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or Human Services field is required.
- Familiarity with Milwaukee county demographic and familiarity with Milwaukee County community resources
- Must possess excellent communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook computer programs is required.
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team within the parameters of the project, and to work in a changing environment where there is frequent exposure to stressful/crisis situations.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule of morning, afternoon, and evening hours as program operation dictated.
- Must be organized, reliable, and demonstrate the ability to maintain privileged client information and work effectively within nontraditional youth settings with a diverse population of adolescents and young adults, including LGBT youth.
- Ability to use standard office equipment such as computer, fax, telephone, and copier.
- Ability to generate reports for use by others.
- Must have a valid Wisconsin driver’s license, own a reliable vehicle, and have proof of automobile insurance coverage. Must have the ability to travel by car as necessary.
Starting salary range $35,000 – $45,000. Excellent benefits package includes health/dental, short- and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and generous paid time off plan. Opportunity to join a caring and committed team of professionals.
Send letter of interest, current resume, and salary expectations via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Organizational information can be found at www.pathfindersmke.org. No phone calls will be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer - Pathfinders is committed to a diversified workforce. Persons of color, women, the disabled, and those with diverse cultural backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.