The new Communications Manager will:
- Have a passion for being part of a team-oriented, mission driven school environment built upon Catholic values that is constantly seeking to better serve its students and families. Pius XI is on the move and this will be a rewarding journey.
- Promote the Pius XI story to key constituent groups
- Lead through example while fostering a culture of accountability
- Practice The Golden Rule and embrace the School’s Core
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee short-term and long-term communication strategies aligned with the School’s Goal Pillar objectives to elevate the Pius XI brand throughout the greater Milwaukee community
- Create and execute a wholistic communications strategy that consistently supports and promotes the school’s mission and values, and engages all stakeholder groups
- Develop and execute a calendar of communications, campaigns, and initiatives for annual implementation
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Advancement team on fundraising proposals and annual appeal letters
- Develop content for and manage communication channels, including website and social media accounts
- Serve as the lead writer and project manager for a bi-annual magazine and monthly e- newsletter
- Collaborate and partner with the School’s academic leaders and faculty to identify and advance the many student, teacher and alumni growth stories that take place within the Pius XI community
- Guide proactive and responsive media relations efforts, as needed
- Manage timelines and collaboratively produce a weekly electronic newsletter to educate, inform, and build confidence among current Pius XI families
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and five or more years of successful experience in one or more fields: public relations, communications, branding, development communications, marketing communications, or grant writing
- Experience with public relations and crisis communications is preferred
- Portfolio of a variety of writing samples
- Familiarity and comfort with writing for diverse audiences
- A strong belief in urban Catholic education
- Highly self-motivated and Can anticipate needs and solve problems independently.
- Pursues creative new approaches to reaching a desired audience
- Excellent and compelling storyteller
- Juggle and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines
Embody our core values of Service, Excellence, Integrity, Inclusion, and Community. Pius XI offers a competitive benefits package including health, dental, vision, Life & AD&D insurance, FSA, Pension and 403(b) plan.
Qualified candidates should send a resume to Michelle Pape at firstname.lastname@example.org.