The Membership Manager is responsible for all membership fundraising (giving $1-$999), developing develops strategies and tactics to maintain and grow a base of individual donors thorough various activities and events. The goal of this position is to focus on increasing membership growth, retention and levels of giving.
The ideal candidate has a passion for fundraising and a strong affinity for the mission of Radio
Milwaukee and a commitment to making Milwaukee a better place to live.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing contacts with colleagues and attending development seminars.
- Support Development Director and team on projects/activities designed to reach overall fundraising goals.
- Plans and manages two to three membership drives per year:
- Developing overall drive themes and incorporate into on-air messages, web presence, direct mail, promos, social media and all other efforts.
- Developing and implementing direct mail components.
- Securing campaign sponsors, listener challenges and other fundraising incentives.
- Scheduling and training volunteers for effective pledge collection and entry.
- Prepares and oversees stewardship activities for retention of new and longer-term members:
- Managing premium selection, ordering and fulfillment, donation billing and thankyou letters to donors.
- Collaborating with the Community Engagement Manager to create member cultivation and appreciation events, including member parties, new member welcome events, and other donor cultivation activities.
- Responding to all listener and member inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Develops membership efforts outside of membership campaigns through direct mail, digital communication, on-air promotion and community engagement events.
- Maintains and grows a monthly giving program.
- Evaluates the success of the membership program throughout the year and makes necessary adjustments to meet goals.
Data, Reporting & Processes
- Manages the Radio Milwaukee membership database for accurate and timely records and maintains a superior working knowledge of the system.
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of the membership program.
- Coordinates required database data entry and maintenance with employees and volunteers.
- Serves as primary contact for membership data inquiries for analysis, reporting and development activities.
- Manages weekly/monthly processing such as timely renewal mailings, pledge reminders and donation acknowledgments.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Collaborative style and the ability to work with a diverse group of individuals both inside the organization and in the community
- Ability to represent the organization professionally and enthusiastically, with a passion for Radio Milwaukee’s mission
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, serving as an attentive listener,
- articulate speaker, and persuasive writer
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including creative writing
- Strong organizational and project management skills and ability to prioritize workload in a timely manner to complete assignments with many deadlines and competing requirements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in email marketing tools (Mailchimp or similar)
- Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends
- Ability to occasionally travel throughout the organization’s service area for various meetings, special events and fundraising efforts
- Ability to occasionally travel out-of-town for work-related events, conferences and professional development opportunities, including overnights and weekends
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, public relations or related field, plus at least three years of experience with non-profit membership and donors, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Fundraising database management experience preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to meet the demands. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand or walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach or grasp with hands and arms, including overhead and from floor to waist; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to bend, stoop or kneel; lift, carry and/or move up to 25 pounds; and to operate a motor vehicle. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to read from a computer or electronic device, and the vision required to operate a motor vehicle.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to meet the requirements. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The employee is exposed to outdoor weather conditions during work-related travel.
Radio Milwaukee is a Fun Place to Work!
We regularly host live musical performances in our community space. Take a break, and hear the local and touring groups perform for our members!
Station Swag – T-shirts, hoodies, hats!
Work in our creative Walker’s Point offices that include a full kitchen, green roof/deck, performance space and coffee shop!
Meet donors, members and community leaders making Milwaukee a great place to live.
Benefits at Radio Milwaukee
We know that working for a dynamic organization deserves rest and balance. Here are a few of our fantastic benefits: health, dental and vision insurance and paid vacation which are available after a 90 day probationary period. Additionally, a 401k plan with employer match is available during subject enrollment periods (January and July) after 1 year of employment.
Send all of the following: cover letter, references, resume, and salary history and requirement to email@example.com by 5pm, July 31, 2022. No phone calls please.