Responsibilities of the Board of Advisors. The Board will set strategic organization direction, create and/or approve policies, ensure organizational viability, as well as hire, set compensation for, support, and evaluate the Co- CEO(s). Its primary responsibilities are threefold:
(1) Organizational Viability
- Mission, Policy and Strategic Planning – Ensures alignment with mission, and vision; creates and updates policy related to mission and governance; sets strategic direction; and reviews progress against articulated goals.
- Legal and Regulatory Compliance – Ensures compliance with all laws and regulations; reviews compliance on a regular basis; ensures filing of all legal and regulatory documents.
- Organization Promotion and Support – Promotes organization to the public; expands networks and relationships; responds to community and stakeholder concerns; and participates actively in the Milwaukee community.
(2) Financial Accountability and Oversight
- Financial Oversight – Safeguards organization’s financial health, ensures adherence to annual budget; through its Finance Committee, reviews the monthly projected versus actuals and the organization’s chart of accounts.
- Development – Participates in fundraising and helps secure external funding sources as needed.
(3) Program Accountability
- Curricular Alignment with organization’s Mission and Goals – Ensures that the curriculum aligns with our mission and goals.
- Review of Progress – Reviews progress against articulated goals on monthly basis.
(3) Committee Assignments
- Board members may also be asked to serve on committees or task forces for any other need we may have, such as:
- Fund Development
- Marketing & Communications
- The Board shall rely on its Chair and the CEOs’ to provide professional and administrative leadership.
- The CEOs’ will, directly or indirectly, supervise all other staff members employed by the organization. They will be ultimately responsible for selecting staff members, conducting staff reviews and recommending compensation levels.
Please fill out the following application form and someone will get back to you promptly. Prospective Board Member Application