Community Guide (seeking case managers, social workers, community health workers, mental health workers, health educators, peer support specialists)
Location: Milwaukee, WI
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Status: Full Time
Work Model: Hybrid
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday with occasional evenings and/or weekends
Vehicle Required: Yes
Amount of Travel Required: 25-50% within a 25mi community service area
Reports To: Care Team Supervisor
At Reema Health, we believe that a personalized, community-based approach to care makes it easier for anyone to access the things they need to make their lives better. We know that life’s challenges often exist because the systems built to help are a burden to navigate. We believe building a relationship with a real person — someone who listens, meets members where they are, and understands the community’s resources — can ease those burdens. Our mission-driven and member-focused company is seeking an experienced and self-motivated Community Guide.
The Community Guide is an integral part of Reema, a start-up working to transform how health care and social care work together. Reema believes that using technology to create human connection and engagement can be a lifeline for those most struggling to navigate life’s challenges. Whether through text messages, phone calls, or home visits, the Community Guide works to build genuine, positive relationships with members in an effort to decrease the likelihood that community members remain in crisis or require substantial services to address their challenges. The Community Guide regularly works from a computer or tablet, participates in virtual meetings, and receives and makes frequent calls to and from members. The Guide will make referrals, follow-up with members, and attend appointments as necessary to be an integral part of the member’s support system. A primary strength of the Guide should be communication, building strong meaningful relationships, problem solving, and a comfortability in navigating the ambiguous nature of a constantly growing and evolving startup.
- Establish trusting relationships with members through an empathetic, strength-based, and trauma-informed approach
- Utilization of text messaging, phone calls, home visits, and social media as a primary means of engagement to meet member needs
- Be knowledgeable about community resources appropriate to support needs of members
- Establish positive relationships with community partners, including providers most frequented by members
- Make referrals to community resources, follow-up with members, and attend appointments as necessary
- Remain a steadfast component of members’ support system, being there in crisis and through everyday life challenges
- Encourage members towards independence and self actualization
- Strong ability to listen, empathize, and appreciate the vulnerability of members willing to share their challenges
- Work with a diverse population in the heart of the community
- Become an integral member of a start-up team offering a unique perspective
- Willingness to learn from other members of the Reema team including the leadership team and Product Development team
- Maintain confidentiality of PHI and abide by HIPAA guidelines.
- Maintain organization and consolidate detailed information of member interactions into notes and summaries
- Job responsibilities to grow and change as business necessitates
- Can navigate ambiguity. You are excited to join a startup company that is constantly changing and redefining itself.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Required – Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Human Services, Psychology, or other related field. Years of related experience and subsequent expertise can be substituted for years of completed education towards a bachelor’s degree
- Required – One year of direct experience with population or community to be served and knowledge of community
- Preferred – Knowledge of crisis planning and case management
- Preferred – Proficiencies in critical thinking, time management, strategizing, and multitasking
- Strong propensity towards building and maintaining relationships
- Ability to initiate conversation and create connection quickly
- Ability to develop, adapt, and execute outreach plans
- Basic knowledge of all related computer and software applications such as Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, and Video Conferencing required; G-Suite preferred
- Technology proficient
Qualifications & Position Requirements:
- 18 years of age or older
- Qualified applicants must have flexible and reliable access to transportation, a valid Driver’s License, Vehicle Insurance, and a satisfactory driving record
- Comply with federal, state and local regulations regarding patient confidentiality HIPAA
- Lift and carry up to 25 pounds occasionally
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- HSA and FSA Options
- Flexible Schedules
- Unlimited Time Off
- Mileage Reimbursement
As an equal opportunity employer, Reema Health is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.
All employees and new hires of Reema Health, both vaccinated and unvaccinated, must accurately and honestly report their COVID-19 vaccination status to their employer and may be required to undergo regular COVID-19 testing. Various positions, regardless of vaccination status, will require regular use of surgical masks.
Interested in this position? Submit an application here: Reema Health - Milwaukee Community Guide