Organization: Riverworks Development Corporation (RDC), a dynamic and growing nonprofit community economic development corporation focusing its efforts in the Riverworks Center and Riverworks neighborhoods. RDC provides high quality training and support services to help lower-income and unemployed workers achieve self-sufficiency. RDC increases community assets by promoting strong public, private and community partnerships, pursuing positive development opportunities and offering innovative programming that link neighborhood residents with resources.
Background: The Financial Clinic’s mission is to enhance, expand and provide innovative solutions to help low-and middle-income individuals, families and older adults reach their full financial potential by increasing credit scores, providing access to income supports, financial tools, and other services, and discovering new ways to cultivate a healthy and happy financial life.
The Older Adult Financial Navigator program provides one-on-one financial counseling to assist older adults living within Milwaukee County. Who maybe transitioning to a fixed income, have lost a spouse, lack access to credit or an insured financial services account, have difficulty budgeting, need assistance to open or maintain a financial services account, or need assistance to understand and navigate financial services to increase their financial wellness.
We are seeking a Financial Coach who is empathetic, a great motivator, and passionate about helping older adults achieve their financial goals. The Financial Clinic’s services are based on four guiding principles: Establishing Safe Banking Relationships, Increasing Savings, Reducing Debt, and Building Credit. This position reports directly to the Financial Clinic manager.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
Duties shall include, but are not limited to:
- Provide individualized financial coaching sessions (including both initial and follow-up sessions) and achieve client outcomes.
- Conduct public benefits eligibility screening and assist participants in acquiring benefit(s).
- Assist in VITA tax preparation season.
- Assess client’s needs and develop individual financial action plans with each client.
- Engage in ongoing follow-up with clients.
- Make appropriate referrals and integrate other wraparound supports (i.e., benefits, tax preparation) into counseling to achieve greater results.
- Follow required protocol and program requirements.
- Collect, track and report required data using a client management database.
- Participate in initial training and ongoing professional development training.
- Successfully complete and pass counselor training.
- Three years of experience of relevant work experience with some background in social service delivery, community engagement/outreach, financial education, counseling/coaching and or baccalaureate degree from an accredited college.
- The ideal candidate has particular expertise in one of the following: social work, financial planning, coaching/mentoring, teaching, financial services, or other related fields.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills including public speaking and written reporting; teaching experience is a plus.
- An analytical person and initiative-taker, who demonstrates the ability to think on his/her feet, committed team player, multi-tasker, attentive to detail.
- Must have a car and valid drivers’ license with auto insurance.
- Strong computer skills including experience with MS Office applications, using the internet and database management.
- Flexible schedule, working evening hours and weekends.
- Interface with the RDC staff of other programs to ensure that our clients are receiving the appropriate services and information in a timely manner, excellent people skills.
- Able to become knowledgeable about credit, debt, and money management; savings and investment options; and safe financial products and services.
- Ability to use a client management database.
- Preferably, Milwaukee County resident.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Salary: Commensurate with experience, good benefits package
Availability: Position is open until filled
Riverworks Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Please mail or email resume, cover letter, references, and salary history to:
Anthony Myers, Financial Clinic Manager
Riverworks Development Corporation
518 E. Concordia Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53212