Schlitz Audubon Nature Center provides a natural setting for meetings, retreats, and other special occasions. Our award-winning green building has the warm ambiance of the north woods, just 15 minutes north of downtown Milwaukee.
Natural Events is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Schlitz Audubon Nature Center operating as a for-profit entity that is responsible for the ancillary services provided to individuals or groups that rent the Center’s facilities for private events such as weddings, anniversary parties, bar/bat mitzvahs, corporate retreats, and others. Services available include bar/beverages, furniture and glassware rentals, and decorative lighting.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Board members are a part of the governing body of the organization. They are committed to the long-term interests of the organization and meet regularly to oversee business operations, set policies, approve major business decisions, evaluate management performance, and fulfill fiduciary responsibilities.
We are looking for a committed board member to serve on our organization’s board of directors. The board member’s responsibilities include advising on strategy, participating in the general manager’s evaluations, and monitoring its financial affairs. You should also prepare for board meetings, attend them regularly, and actively participate in them.
To be successful as a board member you should have professional leadership experience, strong interpersonal skills and be committed to the organization’s success.
- Knowing the organization’s purpose, policies, and goals.
- Preparing for meetings by reviewing the agenda and any accompanying documents.
- Regularly attending board meetings and participating actively and conscientiously.
- Keeping up with issues and trends that affect the organization and its industry.
- Participating in the evaluation of business operations and management.
- Approving budgets, and major business decisions.
- Contributing to the development of policies and strategic plans.
- Understanding the organization’s financial affairs and ensuring fiduciary responsibilities are met.
- Ensuring the organization complies with legal requirements.
- Maintaining confidentiality on all internal organizational affairs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven track record in an executive leadership role.
- Previous board experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the organization and the relevant industry.
- Sufficient time availability for board duties.
- Strong diplomatic and interpersonal skills.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with "Board Member" in the subject line.