Schlitz Audubon Nature Center conserves our land’s diverse habitats on Lake Michigan and provides meaningful experiences and environmental education for all. Located nine miles north of downtown Milwaukee on the shore of Lake Michigan, the Center offers six miles of trails that take visitors through 185 unique acres of forests, wetlands, restored prairies, ravines, bluffs, and a shoreline beach. Annually, Schlitz Audubon reaches over 161,000 community members and nearly 20,000 children participate in our nature science education programs. Over 155 preschoolers are enrolled throughout the school year in our nationally recognized Nature Preschool. Schlitz Audubon is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Event Assistant creates a warm and inviting atmosphere for the wedding party and their guests. He/she greets and directs wedding party upon arrival and provides assistance throughout the event. The Event Assistant coordinates with caterers and event crew to ensure the highest quality of customer service. The Event Assistant works a flexible weekend schedule to accommodate the seasonal wedding calendar and reports to the Rental Manager.
- Ensures that all wedding clients are extremely satisfied throughout their party
- Exceeds guest expectations by proactively anticipating their needs
- Coordinates set-up or take-down of rental equipment
- Provides safety and security for building and grounds
- Collaborates with event caterers, outside vendors and Schlitz Audubon’s facility staff to ensure the event runs smoothly
- Works at the point person for deliveries from rental companies, caterers, and vendors
- Monitors cleanliness of the venue including restrooms
- Must be available throughout the evening for questions, AV troubleshooting and to address unforeseen issues for a successful wedding and reception
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Impeccable communication and interpersonal skills with a service-oriented personality
- 1-2 years’ experience as an Event Assistant or similar position in customer service
- Must possess a friendly, confident, and helpful attitude
- Demonstrates quick thinking and problem-solving skills
- Solid work ethic and ability to work a flexible weekend schedule
- High School Diploma
This is a part-time, seasonal (May-December), non-exempt position. Work hours are part-time and typically assigned to Fridays 4:30pm – 1:00am, Sundays 4:30pm – 12:00am and occasional Saturdays. Growth possibility to add day-time event work as well! Work hours are scheduled in two-to-three-month increments. Works hours are very occasional January-April.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to stand for extended periods of time, and sit, stoop, bend, or reach above the shoulders. Must be able to lift and/or carry items that weigh up to 50 lbs. Must have the ability to speak and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and color vision.
Send cover letter and resume to Rental Manager at email@example.com with Event Assistant in the subject line.