Do you love working with vibrant, active older adults, 50 years of age and better?
SOA, a casual, fun organization committed to serving older adults within the community, is looking for a Program Manager – Tech Connect for Older Adults. We are looking for candidates that share our passion about serving older adults and are visionary about creating and expanding services.
- Must apply with cover letter and resume.
Under general supervision of the Director of Programs, the Program Manager will provide leadership for the ongoing development, management, and delivery of the SOA Tech Connect program for older adults.
- Organize, direct, and supervise the daily implementation of program delivery, including staffing, program scheduling, workflow, building access and program implementation space needs.
- Develop relationships with participants and new and existing community partners to expand the Tech Connect program.
- Use reporting tools for monitoring and tracking outcomes related to program implementation.
- Maintain accurate documentation of program implementation and prepare timely reports.
- Serve as the primary liaison with Senior Planet, the provider of our Technology curriculum.
- Promote and track participation in assigned program areas and document results and progress.
- Thoroughly review grant agreements to ensure compliance with grant requirements and proactively track required outcome data, providing accurate and complete reports to the development department in a timely manner.
- Foster an inviting and social environment that encourages learning about technology.
- Plan and coordinate an annual Tech Connect for Older Adults technology fair to reach more individuals and help promote the program.
- Lead the evaluation process of developing and administering pre/post-surveys, and/or other evaluation activities as assigned.
- Responsible for ensuring program achieves deliverable and outcomes.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree required.
- Commitment to the organization’s mission, vision, and values, which includes an understanding of and commitment to improving the lives of older adults through technology.
- At least 3 years of experience in at least one area directly relevant to the position: learning design, program development, or technology education.
- Minimum of one year of supervisory experience required.
- Proficient with smart phones, tablets, and laptop computers.
- Ability to work well with people of all cultures and backgrounds.
- Ability to problem-solve technology challenges and questions.
- Ability to exercise patience.
- Ability to create a socially inviting atmosphere for older adults.
- Above average knowledge about social media, popular software, and applications.
- Skill in maintaining accurate records.
- Ability to provide superior customer service.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Well-developed organization skills with attention to detail.
In evaluating candidates for this position, SOA may consider a combination of education, training and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
Must be able to become CPR certified, AED certified, Blood-Borne Pathogens certified, any other necessary certifications, within 180 days of hire date.
Must have a valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle, and adequate vehicle insurance.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Smart phones, tablets, laptop computers, smart televisions.
The physical demands described in this position description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, use hands and fingers to handle objects or operate tools or controls, and reach with hands or arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required of this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described in this position description are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is moderately quiet.
Interested applicants must apply with a resume and cover letter.
- 401(k) contribution
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Salary: $48,000-$50,000 per year
Must apply with cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org