SHARP Literacy Social Media & Marketing Intern
SHARP is a non-profit organization that partners with educators to foster a love of learning and brighten children’s futures through innovative STEAM-based experiential programs.
We bring learning to life by engaging students with hands-on activities, educational tours, collaborative, mural projects, multi-generational reading programs and more. We work to strengthen critical thinking, science and math knowledge and appreciation for the arts in our students, helping to shrink the opportunity gap.
The Social Media & Marketing Intern works with the Development and Marketing Team to support and promote SHARP programs and events on social media and through other channels. This is a paid 10-12 hour per week position, reporting to the Development & Marketing Manager.
How YOU will benefit from this internship:
- Real life experience in the world of a non-profit organization making a difference in the community.
- Opportunities to explore areas of interest within the marketing field including graphic design, social media, event management and public relations.
- One-on-one coaching
- Attend internal and external events.
- Flexible hybrid work schedule; casual dress
Social Media and Website – 70%
- Draft copy for social media posts, create social media graphics and templates; schedule posts.
- Maintain social media content calendars.
- Proactively generate ideas for social media campaigns
- Respond consistently to follower comments and maintain social media accounts.
- Post web updates on sharpliteracy.org related to marketing & events.
Photos, Videos and Graphics – 15%
- Collect and organize images from SHARP educators to be used in marketing materials.
- Create, prepare, and utilize templates and graphic elements to streamline social posts and branding across channels.
- Edit videos for our Read with Me
- Take photos of the SHARP programs and events in and around Milwaukee and Waukesha.
Events and Admin – 15%
- Assist team with planning and execution of events including social media, branding and graphics.
- Promote events and acknowledge sponsors using social media and the SHARP website.
- Provide daily progress updates.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent and demonstrable writing and communication skills
- Experience with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook, OneDrive
- Experience in Canva, Creative Cloud (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop), video editing
- Experience with social media analytics desirable but not required.
- Attention to detail, time management skills, coachability and desire to learn
Submit resume, cover letter and work samples to Catherine Best at firstname.lastname@example.org.