As a Shepherds College Grant Writer, your primary responsibilities will include: (1) identifying, defining, and developing foundation and corporation funding sources to support existing and planned College programs and activities; (2) leading the development, writing, and submission of grant proposals; and (3) working with the Advancement Team and other college staff to stay abreast of the College’s funding needs, mission impact, performance metrics, and any other information needed for effective grant writing and reporting. You will set and achieve specific performance goals and track key performance activities. You will be provided with all the tools, training, and resources needed to flourish as a grant writing professional.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a conduit of Christ’s love for others in an effort to point others to Jesus through our actions and words.
- Generate revenue for Shepherds College programs and facilities through timely submission of well-researched, well written, and well-documented grant proposals.
- Conduct research on potential funding opportunities offered by foundations and corporations.
- Cultivate relationships with foundation and corporation personnel to ascertain and clarify mission alignment and likelihood of funding for the College.
- Coordinate with Advancement staff on strategies for relationship-building with target foundation and corporation contacts, including introductory meetings, campus tours, and program presentations.
- Generate high-quality proposals, narratives, letters of inquiry, applications, and supporting documents that effectively articulate the mission, vision, ministry, needs, and accomplishments of the College, and align with the passions and interests of prospective funders.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of target foundation and corporations.
- Track target organization information through the College’s donor management system, Raiser’s Edge-NXT, including contacts, deadlines, submissions, communications, interactions, grant awards, funding priorities, and reporting requirements.
- Coordinate and follow-up on the progress of submitted proposals.
- Collaborate with College staff on gathering and updating key internal information needed for grant submissions, including history, mission, structure, objectives, programs, personnel, students, strategic plans, capital campaigns, budgets, costs, etc.
- Maintain a template database of key internal information and common grant application language for repeated use in grant documents.
- Work with College staff in collecting, analyzing, and reporting data on the performance and impact of funded programs and activities.
- Work with the Finance Department to prepare monthly, quarterly, and/or annual reports to foundations, and other funders as required.
- Collaborate with the Advancement Team and other College staff in regular conference calls, meetings, training sessions, and campus events.
- Articulate a personal walk with Jesus Christ and relate it to the ministry of Shepherds College.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Full alignment with the Shepherds College Mission Statement and Statement of Faith.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, journalism, creative writing, marketing, or related area.
- A minimum of three to five years of experience in grant writing or related field with demonstrated success in securing grant awards.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including story-telling, listening, and persuasion.
- Excellent knowledge of proposal submission processes and procedures.
- Proficiency in research, interpreting, compiling and analyzing diverse data.
- Strong organizational, multitasking, and time management skills.
- Ability and passion to create opportunities for people and organizations to advance God’s Kingdom through financial stewardship, generosity, and multi-channel engagement.
- Ability to complete detailed proposals, contact records, reports, and correspondence.
- Willingness to learn and apply new techniques, processes, and strategies.
- History of successfully working independently.
- High moral integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficiency in standard office software tools and applications.
Please apply directly to the Shepherds College website where you can access our employment page.
Here is the direct link: shepherdscollege.edu/employment
Please look for the Employment Application hyperlink to apply.