This program offers services using the Housing First philosophy, which is a low-barrier, person-centered approach to supportive housing. The goal is to move people from living on the street or in shelters into self-selected housing as quickly as possible without preconditions of treatment or sobriety. The Case Manager will provide individualized, recovery-oriented case management services to individuals with a disabling condition and experiencing chronic homelessness with the goal of obtaining and maintaining permanent housing.
The Housing First Case Manager actively assists participants in maintaining housing through home visits and by facilitating communication with property managers and subsidy representatives. The Case Manager engages with residents to increase recovery, social, and independent living skills by working toward goals established collaboratively with participants. This position helps participants connect to community resources and places referrals to community providers for mental and physical health and AODA treatment, transportation, employment, and other basic needs.
- Understanding of and experience providing services using person-centered, Trauma-Informed Care, and harm reduction approaches
- Excellent organization and time management skills, ability to work well independently, attention to detail and accuracy, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Knowledge of community resources related to mental health, AODA recovery, healthcare, and employment
- Prior experience working with individuals from diverse economic, racial, ethnic, and LGBTQ+ identities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word, and Excel) & web-enabled databases
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in Spanish, oral and written, preferred
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with individuals who have a mental illness and/or substance abuse and a history of homelessness
- Valid driver’s license and automobile with insurance
- Pre-employment background check
- Ascribe to & champion The Difference Principles