Join our team who is committed to the delivery of the highest quality health care service. We are seeking a full-time Social Services Manager that is self-motivated, energetic, and a take charge individual.
- Provide day-to-day and strategic management for SSCHC’s Social Service initiatives, including integration into primary care, Parenting Resource Center and others as they emerge:
- Ensure appropriate and effective staffing levels
- Supervise staff, university fellow, students, and volunteers, including facilitation of staff meetings, performance evaluations, professional development, implementation of agency and departmental policies, and corrective actions when necessary
- Recruit, hire, and train staff
- In collaboration with Advancement team, prepare grant reports and proposals for new grants.
- Develop and track metrics to evaluate status, progress, and key milestones of projects and programs
- Prepare and manage budgets for programs, equipment, and support services
- Develop operating strategies, plans, or procedures
- Research and analyze community need to determine program directions and goals
- Develop and oversee operating strategies, plans, or procedures to meet objectives
- Explore, establish, and maintain strategic partnerships and necessary resources.
- Strengthen relationships among internal agency units and departments and external organizations that result in more effective and efficient programming and provision of care.
- Represent SSCHC at community functions and conferences.
- Comply with SSCHC TB Control Plan including PPD testing.
- Attend and actively participate in monthly Community Health Initiatives operations and leadership meetings, as well as other meetings as assigned.
- Previous supervisory experience in a medical or social service setting.
- Experience working with a bilingual, multicultural population.
- Experience in the administration of government and private grants.
- Bachelor’s degree in social services or related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license, use of an automobile and current automobile insurance.
No Phone Calls Please. Qualified applicants may apply online, send resume to Sue Raymond, Vice President of Human Resources, Sixteenth Street Community Health Centers, 1337 S. 16th St., Milwaukee, WI 53204 or fax to 414-672-0413. Sixteenth Street Community Health Centers is an equal employment opportunity employer.