*Salary is commensurate with experience*
This position will support the efforts of the Social Development Foundation and Board of Directors in cultivating philanthropic resources for all aspects of fundraising, including strategic planning, grant submissions, special events, donor cultivation, and annual gift appeals.
- Design and implement a comprehensive development program, including all activities related to the Social Development Foundation.
- Responsible for the cultivation, design, solicitation and steward, of major gift contributions of individual and key donor relationships, such as corporations, foundations, other individuals, and organizations leveraging available tools (what type of tools should be leveraged?), resources and strategies.
- Oversee the acknowledgement and tracking system of all gifts and donations as well as donor appreciation efforts.
- Assist in strategic planning process to include opportunities to generate additional revenue and funding for the Agency.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Social Development Commission.
- Oversee the planning and execution of the Foundation’s events and activities.
- Direct market research activities to identify targeted populations what populations are we trying to identify?
- Implement policies, establish infrastructure, and developing a culture in support of philanthropy.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate annual comprehensive fundraising and operations’ strategies while being a forward thinker regarding expansion efforts of the Foundation’s network.
- Identify and anticipate prospect/donor needs.
- Foster local, regional, and statewide relationships with key organizations, foundations, affinity groups, media partners, and prospective allies through effective community relations initiatives and outreach promoting the Social Development Foundation.
- Provide supportive counsel to and nurture collaborative integrated fundraising, as appropriate, with schools.
- May direct activities of support staff.
- Occasional travel required.
- Complete and submit internal and external reports relation to fundraising efforts and objectives.
- Other duties as assigned or requested
- Demonstrated experience establishing processes, procedures, and metrics for start-up development operations focused on major gifts and sponsorships.
- Demonstrated successful experience in securing major gifts and developing strong relationships with donors.
- Demonstrated success in financial forecasting and modeling.
- Excellent communication (in-person, electronic, oral, and written).
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage complex processes.
- Knowledge of electronic databases and spreadsheet software.
- Knowledge of and experience in fundraising principles and practices including budgeting and grant management.
- Demonstrated computer skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access).
- Flexible, self-motivated with the ability to effectively problem solve while exercising sound judgment.
- The ability to work cooperatively with different personalities and individuals of diverse racial/economic/cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated experience in project management skills with a proven ability to manage initiatives involving cross-functional teams and external partners.
- Working knowledge in fundraising strategies and techniques.
- Capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work within a fast-paced, high pressure, and deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrated success in event management with large scale live-events or other on-site activities, ranging from but not limited to: multi-day symposiums and conferences to lunch and learns and briefings, webinars, and employee engagement events.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing work scope.
- Valid Wisconsin Driver’s License. SDC’s insurance company requires that any employee who drives a personal vehicle for agency business must carry personal liability insurance of at least $100,000 liability for bodily injury for one person, $300,000 maximum liability for all injuries in one accident and $100,000 property damage liability for one accident. Proof of this must be supplied on first day of employment.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in communications, marketing, non-profit management, or a related field
- 5 years of demonstrated experience in professional fundraising including donor cultivation, solicitation, planning, and evaluation.
- Certified Fundraising Executive Certification (CFRE)
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge
- Sales experience.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The incumbent will regularly sit, and will frequently talk and listen and use hands to handle or touch. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. During the performance of his/her duties, the incumbent will regularly lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee works regularly in an office environment where the noise level is moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this position. They are not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply, please visit our listing of job opportunities. We hope to hear from you soon!