Job Purpose: The HR Specialist will assist with the daily operations to help ensure smooth and effective functioning of the HR department. This role will help manage recruitment, benefits administration and record maintenance. The HR Specialist will serve as a contact between the HR department and the rest of the organization. This role will generally handle all internal and external inquiries and requests.
- Implement human resources programs by providing office administration to include maintaining accurate physical/digital records management, benefits administration, recruitment and new hire onboarding.
- Maintain compliance for new hire and ongoing Agency wide background checks, driver’s license, auto insurance, and professional licensure.
- Assist with the compliance of federal, state and local legal requirements through weekly, monthly and annual internal and external reporting.
- Manage HRIS in a timely and accurate manner.
- Implement effective system utilization for HCM systems including effective staff recruitment and retention record keeping, timely benefits administration, human resources document management, employee communication programs, training and compliance with applicable State and Federal laws.
- Build strong internal/external relationships and proactively recruit through a variety of sources, including internet, professional associations, networking, ads, college recruiting and job fairs.
- Assist with best place to work strategy to constantly evaluate the effectiveness of HR programs to benefit workplace culture. Participate in meetings on behalf of the HR department to include health and safety committee and overall employee satisfaction and engagement committee.
- Assist HR Supervisor with guiding the interpretation of SDC personnel policies for all employees.
- Assist with implementation of new procedures, policies or updates as needed to ensure legal compliance or to meet grantor requirements.
- Maintains job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications or participating in professional organizations.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Other duties as assigned by HR leadership as required.
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills. Excellent speaking and listening skills to share information effectively, while paying careful attention to concerns and questions from employees and job applicants.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, task oriented and have the ability to multi-task.
- Must have excellent time management strategies to ensure completion of required tasks.
- Must be familiar with and efficient with HRIS systems and common HR applications.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in an administrative role.
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent plus additional training lasting up to one year in HR/Administrative Associates Degree is a plus.
For a complete list of our job opportunities, please visit our website @ cr-sdc.org, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click on the JOIN OUR TEAM link.