*Salary is commensurate with experience*
Job Purpose: Responsible for performing financial accounting functions for agency month end close. Works closely with the comptroller and the director of finance to ensure that all month end closes happen timely. Works closely with the grant accountant and accounts payable specialist on the rental assistance files and payments.
- Helps out in the journal entries for the regular month end process.
- In charge of closing out month end once the grant accountants have finished their monthly work.
- Perform necessary analyses and reconciliations on a monthly or quarterly basis to identify errors in posting or omissions.
- Perform all cash account reconciliations for all relevant bank accounts.
- Review and analyze organization’s credit card transactions.
- Maintains capital asset records.
- Assist with check runs and approval process of rental assistance program files.
- In charge of assuring all data is available for pulling information for auditors during times of audit.
- Assist in creating yearly budget for the agency.
- In charge of contacting vendors whose checks are more than 45 days old to make sure they are cashed.
- Assist with internal reporting as well as reporting to funding partners.
- Analyze, compile, and create monthly board reports.
- Special projects and tasks assigned by the Comptroller or Finance Director.
- Helps out where necessary in other accounting department tasks.
- Excellent computer skills. Experience with Microsoft office applications and general ledger accounting software with the ability to design complex spreadsheets. Accuracy and attention to detail are necessary. Ability to work with, and maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to compose business quality emails. Ability to communicate with a variety of internal and external contacts within all levels of organizations.
- Proficient mathematical ability, able to perform basic accounting functions. Knowledge of GAAP and Federal regulations. Ability to apply logic and understanding to solve problems and carry out instructions. Strong analytical, time management, and organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The incumbent will regularly sit, and will frequently talk and listen and use hands to handle or touch. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. During the performance of his/her duties, the incumbent will regularly lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee works regularly in an office environment where the noise level is moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this position. They are not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply, please visit our listing of job opportunities. We hope to hear from you soon!