The Director of Development is an enthusiastic, organized, self-motivated fundraiser with responsibility for securing corporate partnerships, event sponsorships, grants, and cultivating individual relationships, resulting in annual giving and major gifts. The Director of Development will have significant direct contact with the SOWI’s diverse internal and external audiences including board, staff, volunteers and SOWI partners. The Director of Development is responsible for increasing revenue, garnering press and brand awareness, fostering strong community relations, donor loyalty and acquiring new supporters.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Demonstrated success and a minimum of five (5) years fundraising experience or sales with corporate partnerships, event sponsorships, foundations, and individual donors
- Experience in managing budgets
- Knowledge of area businesses and foundations
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and capacity to collaborate with the leadership team
- Success in leading cultivation, stewardship, and renewal strategies for donors and event sponsors
Submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.