St. Joan Antida High School
Title: Development Intern (Paid)
Supervisor: Development Coordinator
Status: Part Time (10 hours per week)
Hours: Scheduled around semester class schedule.
Purpose/Overview: The development office is a vital department at St. Joan Antida High School (SJA) that secures crucial funding for the school’s operating and program-specific financial needs. This internship experience will provide students the opportunity to help our department share the “SJA Story” with alumnae and community partners, in efforts to ultimately raise funds. Student interns will gain an understanding of potential career paths in alumni relations, public relations, event planning and advancement/fundraising. Student interns will also be able to fine-tune and diversify their writing skills as they gain experience writing for print, web, and e-communication publications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the management and successful execution of all special events (including alumnae and donor events), organized, and managed by the development department.
- Assist with data entry and maintaining accurate alumnae/donor information in the database. (Raiser’s Edge, GiveSmart, etc.)
- Assist with data research on donor prospects.
- Assist with preparing mailings for the department, including special event invitations, marketing pieces, donor visit packets, appeal letters, acknowledgment letters, etc.
- Assist with general office organization, administrative tasks, and any other duties assigned.
- Must be a current student, enrolled in a two or four-year degree program within the College/University/Tech school setting (must be earning course credit for internship)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Confident, friendly, and reliable
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with donor/alumnae information
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office products
- Proficiency using social media and web-based programs
- Passion for the SJA mission
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and one writing sample attention to: