Title: Manager of Special Events and Alumnae Relations
Supervisor: Director of Development
Status: Full Time 12- month exempt, Salary
Hours: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.; evenings and weekends as needed (accommodated by flexible schedule)
Founded in faith, sponsored by Sisters. St. Joan Antida High School (SJA), sponsored by the Sisters of Charity of St. Joan Antida, was founded in 1954 and acts a successful springboard for more than 4,000 young women. SJA provides a student-centered, college and career-ready education to young women in grades 9-12. We are a Catholic, values-based organization with an educational model focused on academic quality, personalized attention, and leadership development.
We engage. We embrace. We empower.
Simply, we are driven by a calling to serve young women seeking a spiritually enriching, supportive, and challenging educational experience that helps them find their voice and become leaders. It is our job to make sure that our students are well-prepared for a successful future that strengthens their relationship to their local and global communities. We know these young women can change the world.
This job would be a great fit if:
- You think of your work as a calling and not just a job.
- You hold space in your heart for the mission and values of SJA.
- You are invested in providing growth opportunities for young women.
- You come to work ready to have fun, laugh, and grow with a strong team.
Purpose/Overview of Manager of Special Events and Alumnae Relations Position
In this role, you will play a key part in advancing the school’s mission by overseeing event fundraising initiatives and nurturing relationships with our alumnae community. The Manager of Special Events and Alumnae Relations will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the school’s growth and sustainability.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Event Fundraising: 80%
- Plan and manage all aspects of fundraising events, including our annual Spaghetti with the Sisters, gala, Nun Run, Volunteer Appreciation Evening, as well as other various special events.
- Coordinate event logistics, including venue selection, vendor management, budgeting, and timeline adherence.
- Manage event volunteers working with the Community Engagement Coordinator to secure, train and recognize all those involved with an event.
- Identify and cultivate relationships with event sponsors, community partners, and donors to secure financial support and in-kind contributions.
- Collaborate with the development team and marketing coordinator to create compelling event marketing materials, donor solicitations, and event-related communications.
- Oversee post-event activities, including donor recognition, stewardship, and evaluation of event success.
2. Alumnae Engagement:20%
- Develop and implement a strategic plan to engage and strengthen relationships with St. Joan Antida High School alumnae.
- Create and execute alumnae engagement initiatives, such as networking events, reunions, mentorship programs, and volunteer opportunities.
- Foster ongoing communication with alumnae through various channels and in collaboration with the marketing coordinator, including newsletters, social media, and targeted email campaigns.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date database of alumnae contacts, tracking engagement, and updating relevant information.
- Serve as the SJA staff liaison to the SJA Alumnae Association.
- Collaborate with the marketing coordinator to highlight alumnae achievements, success stories, and the impact of the school’s programs.
3. Collaborative Teamwork and Reporting:
- Work collaboratively with the development team and other stakeholders to align event fundraising and alumnae engagement efforts with the overall development goals and objectives.
- Engage and manage SJA students to assist with various aspects of fundraising.
- Participate in board of director’s development committee, development team meetings, strategic planning sessions, and campaign initiatives.
- Prepare regular reports on event fundraising progress, alumnae engagement metrics, and revenue generation for presentation to the development team and senior leadership.
- Contribute to the overall success of the development department by assisting with other fundraising and stewardship activities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, e.g., Communications, Business, Nonprofit Management.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in fundraising, preferably in an educational or nonprofit setting.
- Proven experience in event planning and executing successful fundraising events.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships with donors and engage alumnae or similar constituency groups.
- Strong relationship-building and communication skills, with the ability to engage and inspire diverse stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to self-motivate, self-direct, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work collaboratively and strategically with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Familiarity with fundraising software and donor management systems.
- Familiarity with project management software, Asana preferred.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required by event schedules.
For All Employees:
- Support and commit to the mission and vision of SJA.
- Contribute to discussions and ideas impacting the learning environment at SJA while maintaining professionalism and respect.
- Collaborate and communicate in an appropriate, timely, professional manner.
- Establish and model behaviors that promote high expectations for students, staff, and faculty.
- Model the importance of lifelong learning through a commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Develop, nurture, and maintain relationships that promote respect and success for all.
- Know, serve, and live in accordance with the teachings of the Catholic faith.
- Abide by all policies, procedures, and the employee handbook.
- Demonstrate stewardship in the use of material and financial resources.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends as well as attend early morning meetings outside of regularly scheduled work hours.
- Assist with other administrative duties in school operations as needed.
- Must be able to tolerate noise.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must have correctable hearing and sight.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to work with all common office equipment.
St. Joan Antida High School is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from all backgrounds. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive work environment.
Note: This job description is intended to convey essential information about the scope and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, responsibilities, or other job functions
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Milwaukee, WI 53202: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Events management: 3 years (Required)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In Person
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to Yajaira Maldonado, Director of Development, at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.