Are you passionate about helping those in need throughout our community? St. Vincent de Paul Society of Milwaukee’s mission is to eliminate poverty and hunger throughout Milwaukee County.
This is an exciting initiative at SVDP focused on increasing meaningful qualifications and skills of an identified small group of participants to obtain employment. This role is part-time and hybrid – working from home and in the Milwaukee community.
The Employment Services Coordinator will work to ensure the successful development, implementation, and ongoing efforts of the Back2Work Program and other Workforce Opportunities. The Coordinator must be adaptable, working directly with program participants and workforce partners, including: workforce partners, employers, community-based organizations, wraparound services and funders
- Develop and implement Back2Work program and/or other Workforce opportunities for SVDP Neighbors In Need.
- Recruit and support member volunteers to act as mentors to the participants in the program by creating and staffing a Mentor Support Group.
- Drive the recruitment and interview SVDP Volunteers (Vincentians) and Community referrals for workforce development services and makes appropriate referrals based upon an assessment of strengths and opportunities.
- Develop relationships with education, workforce organization, employer, and community partnerships to identify education, training, and job placement opportunities for participants.
- Assists program participants in developing a vocational plan to help them accomplish their goal toward employment.
- Acquire knowledge of Federal, State, County and City resources available to assist program participants as needed.
- Collaborate and execute program-marketing strategies, including advertising and promotion of the Program.
- Document program efforts, successes, challenges, and points to consider for use in improving the program.
- Assist in building of a systematic infrastructure that will ensure the sustainability of the program.
- Represent the St. Vincent de Paul Society in public and at community meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- Associates degree in Education, Human Services or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience and or knowledge of Workforce Development programs serving Milwaukee County.
- Affinity to help individuals who face barriers prepare for and become placed in a job and support them as needed throughout the process.
- Excellent leadership capabilities and communication skills including Influencing others, developing relationships, and building a strong community network.
- Proven success in planning and implementation of new programming.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 and social media platforms.
- Ability to follow instructions, adhere to policy, and make basic decisions.
- Valid Driver’s license, automobile and auto insurance
What we offer:
- A mission-driven, supportive environment
- Work from home with hybrid schedule!
- Pro-rated vacation and holiday pay after 1 year of employment
- 403b matching retirement plan
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to Debbie Duskey (Executive Director) at email@example.com.